Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
#1,142  
I’m not an expert with these machines obviously, but I’m curious is there a way to basically make the joystick controls flip flop. Make the left joystick operate what currently the right joystick does and vise versa. I have a larger excavator that is opposite the controls of the em15 and it’s causing me some issues ha.
See my post #100.

Congrats on the EM15.

You have another option since you have servo (pilot) controls. You can do the swap on the main valve, or you can swap hoses in the arm rests. You need to open up the machine anyway to tighten bolts, adjust the main relief valve, sleeve hoses that rub, and see what you got.

In particular, check for hyd return filter(s) under the floor panel.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,144  
See my post #100.

Congrats on the EM15.

You have another option since you have servo (pilot) controls. You can do the swap on the main valve, or you can swap hoses in the arm rests. You need to open up the machine anyway to tighten bolts, adjust the main relief valve, sleeve hoses that rub, and see what you got.

In particular, check for hyd return filter(s) under the floor panel.

Thanks! Care to share how to adjust the main relief valve?

#1,145  
Thanks! Care to share how to adjust the main relief valve?
Last summer, a friend also bought an EM15. There are at least 4 other EM15 buyers who have posted on just this thread.

Go to Post #540 to see where I opened it up and adjusted the RV, which was way too low. Lots of pix.

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,146  
Last summer, a friend also bought an EM15. There are at least 4 other EM15 buyers who have posted on just this thread.

Got to Post #540 to see where I opened it up and adjusted the RV, which was way too low. Lots of pix.
I appreciate all your replies.

Is there any chance you know what fitting this is and where I can get one? It’s off a Lanty tilt bucket it came with two fittings and one is missing. I’m striking out at all local hydraulic outfits. It screws into the cylinder on the bucket and then the other end screws into the hose. You can see the one fitting I have screwed into the end of the hose in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_1405.jpeg
    IMG_1405.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1442.jpeg
    IMG_1442.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
#1,147  
I appreciate all your replies.

Is there any chance you know what fitting this is and where I can get one? It’s off a Lanty tilt bucket it came with two fittings and one is missing. I’m striking out at all local hydraulic outfits. It screws into the cylinder on the bucket and then the other end screws into the hose. You can see the one fitting I have screwed into the end of the hose in the picture.
Can't tell from a photo. You need to look at a thread ID table and use calipers. I use bolts of known thread pitch to ID the threads.

DiscountHydraulicHose has free thread guides. 2 pages excerpted here. My guess is a 9001 metric to metric, or a 9004 BSPP to metric.

Attachments

• BSPP_thread_ID.JPG
    BSPP_thread_ID.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 44
  • DIN2353_adapter_ID.JPG
    DIN2353_adapter_ID.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 47
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,148  
Can't tell from a photo. You need to look at a thread ID table and use calipers. I use bolts of known thread pitch to ID the threads.

DiscountHydraulicHose has free thread guides. 2 pages excerpted here. My guess is a 9001 metric to metric, or a 9004 BSPP to metric.

Appreciate that. I didn’t know if there was a general thread size these machines used. I believe it’s the same thread as the two hydraulic blocks that are on the arms of the excavators are since that’s where the other end of the hose screws onto.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,149  
Congrats on the Digger I'm loving mine.
And so happy I lucked into it @ auction VS import. Just received first import of parts etc and WOW what a pain even DDP. . .

BTW- anyone close to PA / east coast can PM me about local attachments. I just got a few extra specifically from/for em15 like hydro thumb, and standard buckets rakes couplers etc. Too busy yet to actively market them.

- - - - Messing with either of the RVs on an em 15 - prob should figure out a gauge first, but if you haven't traced the hoses yet to figure how to flip controls I'd say there's more to learn before trying to get a gauge on there. (Like yes the thread type of the fittings.)

My em 15 used 16mm for that port block thing, which I deleted. Most of the rest I've found on it are 14mm.

The fittings/thread should all be DIN 2353 style/type.

Link to an appropriate sized adapter I used to convert an attachment to the aux hose end.

Keep in mind there are many 'DIN' types, the closest one to 2353 is different only in the interior chamfer angle. And some places call them by their tube size. IE 14x1.5 mm din 2353 can also be called 10mm tube din 2353

#1,150  
My em 15 used 16mm for that port block thing, which I deleted. Most of the rest I've found on it are 14mm.
Do you mean the block at the end of the AUX hoses on the dipper? Or on the left end of the valve stack?

I have had machines with 2 different hose sizes on the AUX circuit.

Did you get a shipment of parts and attachments via LCL to a local container port?