Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #781  
I have not used Aliexpress. I wonder if it works the same as Alibaba. Have you used both?

Yeah, you can sure spend a lot of time communicating with many sellers on these sites (and MadeInChina.com). Even 5 1/2 years ago, I had to narrow down my queries to 3-4 sellers to avoid info overload.

Have you seen the FB group TIMBER mentions? I would take a look if I could get back on FB. I have tried without success, since I want to use MktPlace.
My mistake- alibaba for bulk and big stuff.
Aliexpress much easier to use but they also only sell smaller stuff (afaik) with shipping/import included. My guess would be <300kg which I think is DHL limit. FOB and freight not common on aliexp.

The mini ex FB groups are definitely interesting. A bit of a sh* show but some useful info for sure. Setup with a nickname or pseudonym. Marketpl is unfortunately almost necessary anymore for private sales. Do it from different device/browser. Diff acct on my pc than on tablet.

Drtpro courteous but for same price would prob deal on ebay agt, typhon, or kamranmotors. Waiting for freight quote but pretty sure worth it to buy direct VS domestic though. And under about 300kg they can just DHL it to your door. Waiting on that price also, will post comparisons and contacts if they are agreeable.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #782  
All pins on my machine have the same hex head pin with zirc and threads/nut on other side. Buy one or a couple from alibaba? Airmail shouldnt take long.
Otherwise a cheap die grinder with decent rotary burr could hog out enough - would be a pain though.

Yes the Hex Head Pin is the one I need for the Bucket, Accessories are hard to get afterwards.

I did pick up a Second Hoe AGT QH12 that I plan on selling back here, at last weeks Sale, and a SDLooL 380 Skid Steer. Just the Auctions are so far away from me. 13 hour 1 way drive is ahead.

1698044471764.png

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #783  
I have noticed that the Booms seem to come from one Manufacture, even though the rest of the machine may have it's own designs. Must be 1 Factory building the Booms.

I like the Stick Placement on the Digget, just looks like they are an after thought though. scabbed on.

My 2022 JF Industrial has the Drilled Bolt Design Pins. Not sure if it is better or worse, but time will tell. I do grease often because finding the Bolts might be a challenge.

Yes Western Canada seem saturated, Eastern Canada is just starting to get on board. That is why there is a $2000 difference at Yesterday's Sales. It would be interesting to record Serial Numbers (now that they have some, and just see if they reappear at later Auctions.

If I had to do it again, I think I would go for the L12. Cooler Included, needs a Filter though.

View attachment 806106

I ordered an Agrotk QH12 before finding this forum. I paid $6,371.81 on ebay all-in, with about $500 for taxes and shipping included. After getting on TBN seeing this post, I quickly switched over to an L12 at no additional cost! I actually couldn't believe they swapped it but they had given me no info when I asked about the differences between the models. I think they do that on purpose.

So THANK YOU! This post saved me.

The engine is much more accessible in this model and it has the hydraulic oil cooler built in, which is a nice improvement. I'm in SoCal so it is hot down here. The 2 pt ROPS is also pretty damn sturdy. Also I am 6' 5" and fit under the roof easily. Overall I'm very happy.

I am now up to 5 hours so am going to do an oil change. I got some Mobil 1 syn 15W-50. I can't find the oil filter, I don't think these B&S engines have one. Does anyone know?

The grease gun that came with it didn't have a connector nipple, just a narrow connector that was hard to use. I have ordered a new grease gun and some John Deere #2 grease. I don't think things are greased adequately due to the lack of connector and my inexperience.

The hydraulic oil filter will be my first mod. Not sure when I'll do that, but probably in conjunction with the first fluid change.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
I am now up to 5 hours so am going to do an oil change. I got some Mobil 1 syn 15W-50. I can't find the oil filter, I don't think these B&S engines have one. Does anyone know?
Congrats on the new tool.

None of the modern 4-stroke thumpers have oil filtration. There may be a Kohler out there that does. But no B&S, Honda GX, or Chonda.

I just change every 25 hours.

As for the zerk fittings, see above. You can switch all of them to proper zerks if you rotate the cylinder to get them out of the way of damage, and use angled zerks. No need to use the needle grease fittings.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #785  
I ordered an Agrotk QH12 before finding this forum. I paid $6,371.81 on ebay all-in, with about $500 for taxes and shipping included. After getting on TBN seeing this post, I quickly switched over to an L12 at no additional cost! I actually couldn't believe they swapped it but they had given me no info when I asked about the differences between the models. I think they do that on purpose.

So THANK YOU! This post saved me.

The engine is much more accessible in this model and it has the hydraulic oil cooler built in, which is a nice improvement. I'm in SoCal so it is hot down here. The 2 pt ROPS is also pretty damn sturdy. Also I am 6' 5" and fit under the roof easily. Overall I'm very happy.

The grease gun that came with it didn't have a connector nipple, just a narrow connector that was hard to use. I have ordered a new grease gun and some John Deere #2 grease. I don't think things are greased adequately due to the lack of connector and my inexperience.

The hydraulic oil filter will be my first mod. Not sure when I'll do that, but probably in conjunction with the first fluid change.
Congrats on the Hoe. Still working the heck out of mine with 65 hour and counting. The L12's and Diggits haven't migrated to Canada in masses yet so the QH12 is the same unit as my JF12, Hydraulic Filter and all. So even if I don't sell it, the Parts alone will be worth what I paid.

Now I just have to find a Trailer to haul them home. Moose Season here so everyone has theirs at Moose Camp.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #786  
Congrats on the new tool.

None of the modern 4-stroke thumpers have oil filtration. There may be a Kohler out there that does. But no B&S, Honda GX, or Chonda.

I just change every 25 hours.

As for the zerk fittings, see above. You can switch all of them to proper zerks if you rotate the cylinder to get them out of the way of damage, and use angled zerks. No need to use the needle grease fittings.

Thanks! Reading through a lot of your detail in this thread made me feel a lot better about the purchase.

How did you disable the tilt sensor for getting the ex past 40 degrees? I have already had that happen to me and it strikes me as a pretty bad safety mechanism. As when it starts to tilt you absolutely need to get the arm into position and having the whole thing go limp is frightening.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
How did you disable the tilt sensor for getting the ex past 40 degrees?
I think you mean 40% slope, but my engine quit at about 20-25% slope.

Just find and pull the plug. The wire is connected with a bullet-type plug. None of the other units I have seen had this connected. My own engine I installed myself, and this feature is connected at the factory.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #788  
Thanks! Reading through a lot of your detail in this thread made me feel a lot better about the purchase.

How did you disable the tilt sensor for getting the ex past 40 degrees? I have already had that happen to me and it strikes me as a pretty bad safety mechanism. As when it starts to tilt you absolutely need to get the arm into position and having the whole thing go limp is frightening.
That's something New! Didn't realize some had angle switches. But like DF states, it would be a simple 2 wire normally open switch, just unplugging it would bypass the system.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #789  
I think you mean 40% slope, but my engine quit at about 20-25% slope.

Just find and pull the plug. The wire is connected with a bullet-type plug. None of the other units I have seen had this connected. My own engine I installed myself, and this feature is connected at the factory.

Actually the engine didn't quit on me, rather the hydraulic system stopped functioning. (having the engine stop makes more sense to me). The controls went limp after I drove it off the palate it came on. Once it was down at an angle, the controls all stopped working and there was no hydraulic pressure. The engine was still running. I had to rock the machine back and forth to lower the slope angle and then the hydraulic pressure came back so I could get the arm down and keep it from getting at too steep of an angle as I drove it off.

I'll look for some sort of wire going to the hydraulic system and see if I can find a cutoff mechanism. It would have to be an electrical component.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #790  
Actually the engine didn't quit on me, rather the hydraulic system stopped functioning. (having the engine stop makes more sense to me). The controls went limp after I drove it off the palate it came on. Once it was down at an angle, the controls all stopped working and there was no hydraulic pressure. The engine was still running. I had to rock the machine back and forth to lower the slope angle and then the hydraulic pressure came back so I could get the arm down and keep it from getting at too steep of an angle as I drove it off.

I'll look for some sort of wire going to the hydraulic system and see if I can find a cutoff mechanism. It would have to be an electrical component.
Low hydraulic fluid seems a more likely cause than a sensor or something that would make a hydraulics stop working.

You should be able to operate an excavator at angles that require seatbelt usage without anything stopping.