I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #71  
I know there have been many reply's/pages to this thread. But answering seems some what therapeutic LOL. As folks already mentioned the one culprit, the price of steel. I was looking for a simple 3 pt dump box. Prices here are $1900 + tax. Seven years ago I bought a rear 68" MK Martin snow blower with hydraulic chute for $2600. The same now basically $5k. It's not that I don't appreciate inflation and such, it's the magnitude of the price increase that I am struggling to understand!
Since I work in the trades I am lucky as I know ticketed people who fabricate and weld on the side. Getting one made for a much better price. We joked because they used scrape steel. That is like saying what is better, finding a nugget of gold or a bar of gold. Who cares, it's gold. lol

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #72  
Wow! Shock is an understatement!

This thread prompted me to check the price on my fully equipped L6060 HSTC. I paid $47,500 in Oct, 2020. The current price for the same machine is $66,700! A 40% increase in just 28 months!

Lately, I've been eyeing an M7060 but that's not going to happen anytime soon!
I bought my MX5400 in October 2020 also. Was at dealer this past week. 45% increase over what I paid. I was debating selling mine and downsizing. Nope. Going to keep it

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #73  
Ha I bought my pickup truck used 5 years ago used for 23k
In the height of madness local dealer would of given me 41k for it
For the same optioned out truck to replace would have been 84k
my old truck still running fine and well , I cant believe prices
have gone down any as seems 90k on dealer lot windshields is the
new normal now

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #74  
To the OP, you may be shocked at the price of new Kubota zero turns as well. Bought a Z422 with 54" deck in September 2021 for $7,200 pre-tax. Re-priced it about a month ago at $9,400 or higher (can't recall the exact price).

Like others I also took a look at current BX pricing compared to my current one. Came out to over $34K with options including quick attach bucket, 3rd function, landpride grapple and pallet forks, 54" deck, plus some other options. Insane increase since 2011 when I bought it.

I've seriously thought about upgrading to a bigger machine for more lift capacity but never pulled the trigger. Really wouldn't have looked at another brand seriously then, but would now for sure. They've crossed the Rubicon with the current pricing.
I purchased a Z422 with 60” deck for $9100 11 months ago. Maybe prices are stabilizing 😀

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #75  
So, I'm getting older and some health issues have cropped up, as they tend to do. Taking on and off the mower deck on my BX2360 is getting tougher. I bought it in 2005 for about 12k, Tractor, 60" belly mower and loader. I saw somewhere that the newer JD and Kubota have made it easier by driving over and a more or less semi-automated hookup.

Doing some online pricing at their sites have left me in a state of complete shock! Is it true that I'm looking at close to 30k now??? Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong or that their SRPs are not near what dealers are charging.....

Thanks....
A few years ago, when I saw that Kubota had a new drive-over mower, I stopped in and asked about it. The sales rep said it's probably best to avoid it. I just asked about it again last week (I am also getting too old to keep dragging the 60" mower around), and a different sales guy once again said it was more trouble than it is worth. Sigh...

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #76  
I don't know if this is legit/current, but when I searched for BX2380 this package came up for 25k, including FEL, 60" mow deck, box blade, brush hog and 20ft trailer:

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #77  
So, I'm getting older and some health issues have cropped up, as they tend to do. Taking on and off the mower deck on my BX2360 is getting tougher. I bought it in 2005 for about 12k, Tractor, 60" belly mower and loader. I saw somewhere that the newer JD and Kubota have made it easier by driving over and a more or less semi-automated hookup.

Doing some online pricing at their sites have left me in a state of complete shock! Is it true that I'm looking at close to 30k now??? Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong or that their SRPs are not near what dealers are charging.....

Thanks....
A big thank you to the current crooks in the white house. Their free giveaway of money and their policies have sent the prices of everything into orbit. Being retired really puts the screws to you since your saved dollars you had counted on is now become Pennie’s.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #78  
Buyers are rejecting the high prices as evidence by under-40hp tractor sales being down about 20% in 2023 last I checked.

I am keeping an eye on the cost of automobiles as well and we saw a big drop in prices over the last few months of 2022. I'm in the boat of keeping my old car on the road because I just refuse to pay the absurd prices that they're asking. If buyers keep their wallets closed, supply and demand will work this out.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #79  
All of the above! Yes manufacturers are adding margin when making their inflation driven price adjustments. Yes, our dollars have diminished purchasing power because of the increased money supply. Yes, it will take some time for the increase in interest rates to shrink the money supply. But I think that CUT and small contractor sized equipment are an asset class. Since I am a retired millwright, responsible for managing his own retirement, I took a portion of my retirement savings and invested in late model, low hour, equipment to “park“ money in something less volatile than equities. And I get to use (my wife says play) them for as long as I am able. I was fortunate to do most of this pre covid, so the effects of recent inflation on the used equipment market has not hurt me. In 2020 I sold a 2000 JD 4200 (27HP) with a FEL and a rear remote for $15,000 and replaced it with a Yanmar YT235 (35HP) with a FEL 3rd function on loader, 2 rear remotes, and loaded tire for $27,000. The bigger tractor handles the Enrossi 7’ sickle bar I use for banks of the ponds better. For over 20 years I mowed the “back forty” (I have to stop making it bigger) with the tractor and a 72” 3pt rear discharge mower, now it’s a used commercial front mount JD 1545 with a 72” rear discharge deck. My neck is much happier. We use the 54” ZT for the yard around the house.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #80  
My machines are getting older, 2007, all 3, however the high hour one is under 800hrs.
Just like the thought of something new.
Chump change on hours. Mine are 6000+ and 4000+ and I don't care at all about buying new at all. Both run perfectly and both do what I need to do and neither have all the electronic gizmo's on the either. I don't want anything new in tractors or cars or trucks. One, no payments. two everything runs good.