I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #51  
Bought my used LS in 2021 and have wondered many times if the guy I bought it from isn't kicking himself for what he could have got for it in 2022.

Money has been worthless. Raising interest rates is making it worth something again. If you have money and want a new or different tractor, try to make it into 2024-25. It'll take awhile for the negative effects of tight money to work through the economy, but demand will go down and prices will follow.

The cure for high prices are high prices.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #52  
TSC has some zero turn mowers "Bad Boy" i think and they range from $3500 to $5000 ,heard no bad things about them and they look like they are built well. Then I would remove you mmm from the Kubota clean it up and sell it probably get $800 to $1000 depending on how it looks.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #53  
The rate of price increases exceeds the speed of a Space X launch. Just the other day I built the same exact truck I bought 14 months ago and the MSRP was $6,000 more.

I wanted to replace my 2015MY 3500 with a 2023 but discovered the MSRP the way I wanted the truck trimmed was just over $100,000 MSRP, which is over $30,000 more than what my 2015 listed for.

The number some of these manufacturers are asking exceeds the rate of inflation, I'm keeping my 1-ton 2015, my tractor, my RTV, and my ZT.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #54  
The prices are insane these days, but that's literally everywhere; everything is expensive, or maybe our money is just worthless, one of the two.
The latter. Prices aren't really going up. The value of the dollar is being compromised by trillion dollar deficits. We are now over 30 trillion in debt and they continue to want to raise that higher.
My 2022 Yanmar YT359C was 46k.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #55  
On the zero turn option. Not sure how rough your property is but going from a tractor to a zero turn might rattle your teeth out. Recently moved to Texas and have about 3 acres to cut of our four acre property. I went and bought a 14k eXmark ZT. After one summer I couldnt take it. We have bumpy land down here from gophers, moles and previous livestock. I sold the eXmark and bought a Ferris zt. The higher end models, mine was $9600, have 4 link coil over suspension. So much smoother than any of those hard frame zt's with just a few rubber cushions. Even the nice adjustable spring seat in the eXmark didn't hold a candle to the Ferris.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230327_063744_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230327_063744_Chrome.jpg
    860.9 KB · Views: 74
   / I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #56  
Even with the recent Kubota price increases, people are still buying. I live 2 miles from a large Kubota dealership and their lot is fully stocked. I see their flatbeds delivering new machines pass my place 2 or 3 times a day.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #57  
So, I'm getting older and some health issues have cropped up, as they tend to do. Taking on and off the mower deck on my BX2360 is getting tougher. I bought it in 2005 for about 12k, Tractor, 60" belly mower and loader. I saw somewhere that the newer JD and Kubota have made it easier by driving over and a more or less semi-automated hookup.

Doing some online pricing at their sites have left me in a state of complete shock! Is it true that I'm looking at close to 30k now??? Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong or that their SRPs are not near what dealers are charging.....

Thanks....
2016 New Holland Workmaster was around $26000 new with loader. 2023 same tractor and loader new approximately $36000.
Today's prices are for people that don't know past prices.
Also compare past land and home prices to todays prices.
The only good news I can tell you is I can sell my tractor used for what I paid for it new.
To me it really doesn't mean anything unless I decide I don't need a tractor anymore. Who ever inherits it will be making that decision on selling it or keeping it. It may make a difference on cash amount from selling.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #58  
So, I'm getting older and some health issues have cropped up, as they tend to do. Taking on and off the mower deck on my BX2360 is getting tougher. I bought it in 2005 for about 12k, Tractor, 60" belly mower and loader. I saw somewhere that the newer JD and Kubota have made it easier by driving over and a more or less semi-automated hookup.

Doing some online pricing at their sites have left me in a state of complete shock! Is it true that I'm looking at close to 30k now??? Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong or that their SRPs are not near what dealers are charging.....

Thanks....
YANDER (the fellow below) has the right idea. Get yourself a good ZTR and put the cutter deck away. I've got a BX23S and never did purchase the deck for it. That was because I had a SCAGS ZTR and didn't need it. I cut about 5 to 9 acres
on my land. Last year my Scags is starting to get old. So instead of buying the deck for the BX, I bought a new Diesel Ferris 61". Listed for $22,000. I got it for $16,500. I bought it in the middle of winter and got the good deal here in Wisconsin. Yes this is a lot of money that I'm talking about and for those who think I must be one of those rich guys, you are wrong. I'm 76 now. I bought the Scags in 2001 for around $8,000. My point. I love to get out and it's part of my life. Riding the ZTR's is great, save the tractor work for tractoring.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #59  
When pricing tractors, Kubota was surprising affordable when getting actual quotes from dealers vs looking at MSRP. Where I did get sticker shock was at the green dealer where pricing was 4-10k than other colors.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #60  
Well, you can be sure that I'm not going to pay 30k for a little tractor. Even an overpriced fully loaded Carolla is less than that. Its not that I can't afford it, I refuse to pay it. I have the same gut reaction to a lot of my comfort foods at the grocery store.

I'll make my tractor do. If I come across a good deal on a mower, I might just do that as well, as that would solve my problem. In the meantime, I'll continue to baby my BX as I've done for the past 18 years. Nothing has ever failed on it.

The thing is...I'm still in shock at the prices. I feel so bad for the younger people that never got a chance to accumulate while things were affordable.
You will get over the shock when next year it cost $5000 more and there is only one on the lot as show. Manufactures will be selling new by order only.
They will have plenty of used tractors priced $5000 less than new ones where kids inherited and loved cash more than metal.