I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #41  
I feel lucky, about 4 to 6 years ago we bought my tractor, my truck and the wife’s car. These items all cost about 25% more now.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #42  
I've had my tractor over 2 years now. I wash it and take care of it just like I do my car. I keep it in the barn out of the weather. It looks like a brand new tractor. When people around the area comment on how "clean" my tractor looks, my response is "have you seen the prices on them lately?"

I bought just in the nick of time before all this insanity began in *****'s America. I plan to keep it for the rest of my life. Hopefully parts will be available 20 years from now.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #43  
do you happen to have a crystal ball you are not telling us about. I got lucky but only with my tractor bought used in 2019.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #44  
So, I'm getting older and some health issues have cropped up, as they tend to do. Taking on and off the mower deck on my BX2360 is getting tougher. I bought it in 2005 for about 12k, Tractor, 60" belly mower and loader. I saw somewhere that the newer JD and Kubota have made it easier by driving over and a more or less semi-automated hookup.

Doing some online pricing at their sites have left me in a state of complete shock! Is it true that I'm looking at close to 30k now??? Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong or that their SRPs are not near what dealers are charging.....

Thanks....

My solution was a 3-pt mounted finish mower on my B2601. So much easier to use and I have better ground clearance when I'm out in my pasture doing chores.

I got my Landpride gently used for $1750 with 72" of cut.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #45  
WOW! I too had recently toyed with the idea of an upgrade after 20+ years with my B7300. Mostly I had considered the addition of options I currently did not have, such as power steering, quick attach on the loader, and a bit more HP for both over all and PTO power. But to have to pay nearly $20-25 for those options, I think not. I will live with what I have until I die as I know the B7300 won't!

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #46  
I bought a BX 2380 in 2020 with a FEL and 60 in deck. It was about $17k. I have a B2650 as well. All I can say is if you’re using it to just cut grass, that’s a pretty expensive machine. It does a great job of that so don’t get me wrong. My take is it’s not much better than that other than minor loader work and maybe pulling trailers around. It’s really Not a real tractor. If I had to do it all over again, I would have bought a used one. Today, it’s a no brainer. If you’re still bent on getting a BX, Get a used one with 500 hours or less
On it and save a ton of Jack. $30k for
a new big lawn tractor is a bit to high regardless of steel costs today.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #47  
So, I'm getting older and some health issues have cropped up, as they tend to do. Taking on and off the mower deck on my BX2360 is getting tougher. I bought it in 2005 for about 12k, Tractor, 60" belly mower and loader. I saw somewhere that the newer JD and Kubota have made it easier by driving over and a more or less semi-automated hookup.

Doing some online pricing at their sites have left me in a state of complete shock! Is it true that I'm looking at close to 30k now??? Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong or that their SRPs are not near what dealers are charging.....

Thanks....
so use your head for something other than a hat rack and let the kubota dealer come and get it and service it, and they will probably find things you have done yourself wrong or didn't do at all or find something worn out and correct it before it breaks..it costs money but usually its money well spent..especially if it is a dealer who has been in business for many years..If you have to unhitch the mower, call a son or daughter to help you do it or have a neighbor kid help for a fee..Life is short so spend all that money you have hoarded all your life and spend it on yourself with the attitude that when you die,make sure the last check you write bounces.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #48  
I agree with the idea of a zero turn. They are incredibly well designed for mowing. I wasn’t sure they were worth the price but to me they absolutely are. I enjoy mowing now more than ever. I didn’t buy a commercial grade, I bought a cub cadet from tractor supply. It has a 54” deck with Koehler engine and has worked flawlessly for me for 5 years. If you go the zero turn route make sure you get a fabricated deck as opposed to the stamped steel deck, the deck takes a beating on these zero turns, where I live we have a lot of rocks and I hit the deck into them on the side of the deck.
Anyway it actually did cut my mowing time in half and I only paid $3000 for mine.
All tractors have gotten expensive but hold value well. I do think Kubota have gotten to a point that people will consider other brands. I did, I sold my L3901 and bought a TYM T25. So far I like the TYM more than the Kubota it suits my needs better and has way more standard features. It certainly cost a lot less than what Kubota offers in that category and is way more capable. My little t25 can out lift my old 3901, hard to believe but I tested it on loaded Ibc totes.

Last edited:
   / I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #49  
I'm in the same camp of "keep the Kubota and buy a zero turn".

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #50  

Thanks....
I think I paid almost $25k for my bx25 with delay mower and backhoe in 2015.