IH Cub Cadet "Hydra" ?

/ IH Cub Cadet "Hydra" ? #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
I picked up this garden tractor at a farm equipment consignment auction for less than $150. It has the grass /leaf catcher box on the rear..feed s from the side discharge thru a large plastic tube to the rear. I can't find any other model ID on it other than the CC logo and the "Hydra" on the engine cover. It has an electron display on the instrument panel. When attempting to start, an error message appears indicating the gear selector in not in "Neutral". Re positioning it does not help.

I also note that I can not manually move the tractor because the tranny is not in neutral (rear wheels locked). On my other CC 129 and 124 there is a lever in front of the seat that allows disengagement of the tranny to allow "pushing". I can not find a similar "disengagement". The only other suggestive information may be that it is a 1988 model but I am not sure about the reliability of this info.

I don't have photos at this time but will add this evening if i can get out to the farm later today.

Any helpers out there in the "Great Fruited Plain" ?

/ IH Cub Cadet "Hydra" ? #2  
cuppla suggestions: if it has a tilting seat, look in the cavity below the seat for a plate/decal with model and s/n info. Also, late CC machines had their hydrostatic disengagement rods coming out the rear, usually close to the drawbar.
As to the wheels locked, try chkg the park brake mechanism located on the outside of the tranny case - could be frozen up. A few shots of rattlecan brake pad cleaner should help loosen it up.
If you do locate that full model number, go to the MTD manual archives website - you may be able to download a free operator's manual for that machine. good luck.

/ IH Cub Cadet "Hydra" ?
:ashamed:How Embarrassing: After about 12 hours at the auction then a couple of hours unloading then the dreaded phone call to Wife about ? how much did you spend, I went back to the farm and lo and behold the Cub Cadet HYDRO 1220 and not a "Hydra". Then I did find the small lever on the left side by the seat to disengage the tranny. The description could be a little better than "RELEASE HYDRAULIC PRESSURE". After manipulating this and moving the tractor the gear selector did mesh properly into N and then it easily turned over and started.

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg