Idling for extended time

/ Idling for extended time #1  

Realtornz

Tractor
Kioti nx6020
Effect of idling 1100rpm tractor Kioti NX 6010 for long periods when using wood splitter ?

Attachments

• 20211230_103639.jpg
    20211230_103639.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
   / Idling for extended time #2  
Does it have a DPF?

/ Idling for extended time
Sorry I don't know what Dpf is, It's brand new 2021 model so perhaps it does?

/ Idling for extended time #4  
Sorry I don't know what Dpf is, It brand new 2021 model so perhaps it does?
Diesel Particulate Filter. Yes it may have.

I suggest you to read a little bit about DPFs, so you understand what goes with it and how to adapt to these things. Or you can contact the dealer so they can explain and teach you more about the DPF to avoid future issues, like clogged DPFs.

Just running a light load with the splitter, it may ask for more frequent regens than normal, but should work ok regardless. Basically tractors with DPF need to be ran hard and at high RPMs to keep the temperature on the DPF high and prevent it from clogging.

/ Idling for extended time #8  
How cold is it where you live Real?

Up here in the heart of winter, we have to "high idle" our tractors. I idle mine at 1500-1600 rpms. If I don't the tractor engine actually gets cold enough for the temp gauge to go back to the zero peg.

Also if you have an exhaust filter, excessive idling the engine will pack the filter full of soot. Does your Kioti do an active regen? It may need to regen more often the more you idle it.

/ Idling for extended time #9  
I think Realtornz is a New Zealander, so emissions requirements may differ
However, as a few others wrote, run the engine at a high idle (1500)...not going to hurt the engine, fuel economy won't suffer and less chance of lugging the engine (bad for the bearings)

/ Idling for extended time #10  
And it's a good idea to exercise the tractor now and then, tractors are made to work hard and you should let them pull as hard as they are able for a few hours, it's work machines and not made of porselen as many here believe.