Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #11  
On the top of the back of the cab (that's a mouthful)
where the challenger decal is just might be where they'd mount a license plate in Europe. If you're lucky there might be some type of threaded hole provided from the factory. If you're that lucky you could make a mount of some sort and keep it as low as possible.
If you got a pair of mini strobes, the mirror arms look like a good option also.

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #12  
Last edited:
   / Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #15  
Contact cement will stick to rubber. Glue the Velcro to the rubber with contact cement and use the glue backing to stick the other side to the roof plastic.

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #16  
I wouldn't put any penetrations in my roof because ive seen that work out so well. I'd get on one of the steel corner posts, probably bolt holes already there.

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #17  
Thinking out loud again and taking stumblinhorse's suggestion a little further. Mount a hinge on the lower lip of the roof in way of the "Challenger" decal (holes would let water drain from inside roof); weld an "L" shaped bracket to the hinge so the strobe would sit atop the roof but could be swung down. A suitable ring welded near the angle of the "L" could allow movement of the bracket with a pole like a boat hook or an iron rake. This would work until you came back tired and forgot about the light, but you might be able to fabricate some leading curved piece of metal that would flip the bracket down when you drove under the door lintel, or perhaps some hanging alarm to alert the operator.

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #18  
I caulked a 4x4x.5 inch flat steel to the Gator roof with a product called Lexel that I bought at Ace Hardware. It says it will stick to almost anything, waterproof, mildew resistant and paintable. So I gave it a try.

I stuck my magnet base beacon light on the flat steel and plugged the power cord in. What was just a "temporary" setup has been there for two years now.

Attachments

• gator light mount.jpg
    gator light mount.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 79
  • gator light.jpg
    gator light.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 84
   / Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #20  
That's a bad machine, mount that dude wherever you want.