I think this is a first!

/ I think this is a first! #1  

JB4310

Tractor
J.D. 4310 E-hydro
I'm just gonna through this out there and let you folks use your own imagination.
I had the carriers left over after John Deere replaced them for my 300 cx, these are the originals which never broke but I told them I wanted the new ones sitting on my shelf in case they broke on a week end or holiday snow storm, was supposed to return them but now they don't care.
Nothing welded yet but when it's clipped to an implement it can't even come apart.
Probably not practical for use with buckets, but forks and snow plows might benifit from such an option.

Attachments

• DSCN2381.JPG
    DSCN2381.JPG
    993.4 KB · Views: 1,216
  • DSCN2386.JPG
    DSCN2386.JPG
    989 KB · Views: 575
  • DSCN2392.JPG
    DSCN2392.JPG
    989.3 KB · Views: 568
  • DSCN2393.JPG
    DSCN2393.JPG
    998.3 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCN2380.JPG
    DSCN2380.JPG
    996.2 KB · Views: 762
  • DSCN2377.JPG
    DSCN2377.JPG
    975.7 KB · Views: 477
  • DSCN2376.JPG
    DSCN2376.JPG
    991 KB · Views: 655
  • DSCN2398.jpg
    DSCN2398.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 529
   / I think this is a first! #2  
So what is the intended purpose of these?

/ I think this is a first! #4  
I'm just gonna through this out there and let you folks use your own imagination.

I like it. There's little doubt a use will surface and when it does you will already have had the tough part fabricated. Another example of the imagination at work. I envy those of you that are able to see something laying around and think, "I can make something out of that" I on the other hand can build stuff by looking at what somebody else has done but to me it's not the same. Good job!

/ I think this is a first! #5  
Very clever JB4310...

/ I think this is a first! #6  
Interesting...Definitely need that HTL now:D

/ I think this is a first! #7  
Interesting indeed.

/ I think this is a first! #8  
That is an interesting idea, but you might want to re-think the design a little. The overhung pins supporting the QA plates are going to take a real beating, and are not very strong in that application. Those plates look like they were designed to attach to a loader arm? If you are going to put this to any real work, you might want to build a wider frame that will support the pins thru the QA plates on both ends... A hydraulic toplink like mentioned for bucket/fork tilt would make this pretty versatile.

/ I think this is a first!
I'm just trying to show the concept here, not saying it's the best design, but I'll bet it will lift the forks capacity as is even with just a few pieces of loose stock metal, those 2 lower bars are solid 1.5 inch (turned down to 1" inside the carriers), the upper bar is 1.25" and the box is 3x4x3/16, after it's welded it'll be real solid. The carriers can be held on the shafts with anything just to keep them from falling off when not coupled to an implement, once connected they can't go anywhere.
I don't even need this as I already modded my forks to mount on the i-match, I did it because I think there should be something like this available to all those who buy loader mounted forks and would like to utilize them on their 3pts. Of course the forks could be modded by the manufacturer but with an adaptor like this any front implement could be used on the rear.

I really think one of those a loader mounted power angle plows that many people here have, put on the 3pt with their bucket back on the loader would make a great snow machine. I know the concerns about pushing with the 3pt and the lack of down pressure might make this idea NG.

Because of the angle of the back of the bucket, I don't think it could be used as a dirt scoop as you would need an extra long HTL to dump it and the geometry doesn't look right with the I match. But as you can see in the photo of my 73" light materials bucket that it would make a great carry all.
JB.

/ I think this is a first!
updated pictures after painting. any one have other application suggestions?

Attachments

• DSCN2417.JPG
    DSCN2417.JPG
    995.2 KB · Views: 323
  • DSCN2419.JPG
    DSCN2419.JPG
    988.5 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN2421.JPG
    DSCN2421.JPG
    998.1 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCN2424.JPG
    DSCN2424.JPG