I think I may have had a mini stroke

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #21  
I am going to the DR. in about an hour. I called and made the earliest appointment I could get this morning. I will post on what I found out.

Good! best of luck, thoughts and prayers your way....

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke
I had a TIA or mini stroke. He doesn't believe there is any damage but he has ordered a couple of MRI's and a scan of my arteries in my neck. He has changed some of my meds and has me taking an asprin a day. Thanks for all the comments and prayers it means alot. I really did not take it too serious until today. I guess it really did not sink in what had happened and just how serious it can be. He said hopefully with all we are doing I won't have another.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #23  
I had a TIA or mini stroke. He doesn't believe there is any damage but he has ordered a couple of MRI's and a scan of my arteries in my neck. He has changed some of my meds and has me taking an asprin a day. Thanks for all the comments and prayers it means alot. I really did not take it too serious until today. I guess it really did not sink in what had happened and just how serious it can be. He said hopefully with all we are doing I won't have another.

I am so happy you followed up on this incident...please take care! :)

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #24  
I am going to the DR. in about an hour. I called and made the earliest appointment I could get this morning. I will post on what I found out.

Good. I take back all those things I was thinking of saying about you. :D Best of luck. :)

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #25  
...he has ordered a couple of MRI's and a scan of my arteries in my neck. He has changed some of my meds and has me taking an asprin a day.

I had MRI's and scans on my arteries, etc... after experiencing some neck arm and chest numbness earlier this year. They found nothing in my head. :D So, they sent me for a stress test. I passed. :p They think it was mostly stress related due to my job. My job and employer are great. My chances of remaining employed, however, is questionable (industry wide issues, nothing I can control). ;)

So, now I am on the baby aspirin, too and follow up visit is scheduled for later this summer. Only instructions were to change my diet, swap my bad and good cholesterol numbers, exercise more, etc... and enjoy life. I can do that! :) Good luck with your tests.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke
I went to the DR. today to find out the results of my tests. I have 50 to 60% shrinking of my carodid arterie on the left side and some shrinking arteries in the brain. He is sending me to a Vascular surgen to get his opinion on whether I need to have surgery or just medication for this. He says most likely just meds but he wants and expert to make that decision. It seems they have been taking their time on this. It was July 11th when I had my TIA.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #27  
50-60% narrowing in the internal carotid (neck) artery is moderate. Criteria used to be surgery if greater than 70% narrowing. At greater than 70% stenosis, the risk of surgery was less than the risk of possible stroke when treated medically. Some studies suggest surgery at greater than 50% narrowing if the surgeon is very good and has a low complication rate. (They will all say they are very good!) Surgery has about a 2% serious complication rate - stroke is the most common.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #28  
I went to the DR. today to find out the results of my tests. I have 50 to 60% shrinking of my carodid arterie on the left side and some shrinking arteries in the brain. He is sending me to a Vascular surgen to get his opinion on whether I need to have surgery or just medication for this. He says most likely just meds but he wants and expert to make that decision. It seems they have been taking their time on this. It was July 11th when I had my TIA.

Glad you got some answers. Keep on the Docs with follow-ups. Again, best of luck to you. :)

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #29  
We wish you the best, do what the Dr. suggests this is nothing to fool with.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #30  
After loosing my brother (age 46) to a preventable ulcer; I am glad you did a follow-up, and thankful for all the others on this forum that showed you the error of your ways.
Now how do you explain it to your wife that you will listen to a bunch of tractor guys on the internet, but don't listen to her concerning a health issue?