I think I may have had a mini stroke

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
I was sitting with my family and all the sudden I could not talk, it was as if my tongue would not work right. I tried to stand up and almost fell. It only lasted about a minute but it scared my wife to death as well as my son and Dad. I got them calmed down took some asprin and felt fine after that. My wife wanted to call an ambulance but I talked her out of it. If any of you have had a stroke please let me know what you went through. I would appreciate learning about your experience. I told her that if it happens again I will go get checked out.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #2  
Maybe you had a mini stroke or a TIA. Maybe it was something else. Don't wait for the next one - it could be your last.

Get yourself checked out ASAP!!!!!!!!

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #3  
Getting to the emergency as fast as possible is standard advice. The sooner it can be diagnosed and treated the better the chances of a good recovery. Or so I have read.:D

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #4  
I just read another news story this past week about a doctor who claims the effects of a stroke can be totally reversed, but it must be diagnosed and treated within 3 hours.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #5  
... I told her that if it happens again I will go get checked out.

Hello? You just said your tongue did not work? What makes you think you'll have a second chance to "tell" someone?

Go see a doctor, the quicker the better.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #6  
GET YOURSELF TO A HOSPITAL!

A friend was over last night who is 28 years old.

A couple years ago, he had a mini stroke (and he's in good shape). Sounds a lot like your experience, but lasted longer (and he refused to go to the hospital until he talked to his sister the next day, and she happened to be a RN).

I have to add though that his first experience at the hospital wasn't good. Apparently the doctor implied that he must of been doing cocaine (AKA a coke head) due to his age. After another visit to a different hospital and changing doctors, turns out after some brain scans, he had some other issues, which luckily was caught in time.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #7  
Don't know your age, but I guess that really does not matter. I would have went to the ER if that had happened. That is not normal and like others have said if it happens again it might be worse and no one may be around to help. Go get a total checkup. It is amazing how many people have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc. I have been on HBP medicine since I was 22. Doc said it was heriditary. When she told me I needed to get on meds or I had a very good chance of stroking out by the time I was 30 I listened. I will be 37 in a couple of weeks.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #8  
You need to get to an ER when you have any type of stroke or a TIA. Lost time is lost brain cells.

BTW, do not take asprin, not the best idea if you are having a brain bleed.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #9  
You likely had a transient ischemic attack. Called a TIA. It is a sign of a mini stroke. However, you still need to see a Dr to determine why you had it. You will need to have further workup so it can be better prevented in the future. Do not wait until you have another event. The next event may be serious and permanent. Consider this event as a warning/wake up call.

/ I think I may have had a mini stroke #10  
Please get to a Dr or the ER.
January 21 this year I woke up 6 am and my right side was paralyzed. My wife sleeps in different room (I have to have the TV going). Now what do I do? Can't get to the night stand to call for her (phones with intercom) somehow I pushed myself off the bed with the left foot and scooted across the floor so I could get to the doorway to call to her (I could talk).
My friend across the street is am EMT Chief, she calls him and he comes over and checks my BP (242/142), yes I have high blood pressure and take meds.
Anyway she drives me to the ER, ct scan showed I had brain clot. About 10pm a DR talks to me about the reversal shot and about the 3-6 hour window and since I had the stroke my sleep they did not give it to me.
Although I had told them it happened at 6am, I know because I just gotten
up to pea and laid back down.
Now I had about a thousand people praying for me, maybe more. Our churches around here are very close nit. A nurse came to my room to explain how my life was going to change (no right side).
I'll shorten this up, I walked out of the hospital the next day at 2pm.
Was it what the Dr's did or GOD did...my faith is in GOD.
Aint GOD good!!!