I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #271  
Kenny Rogers song

You got to know when to fold, know when to fold them.

I folded and left Canada in 1995. I saw I country that did not fit my values going ever closer to stupity. I was correct.

I am now a US citizen, and feel the same way. But I am 73 now. Cannot fold and go elsewhere. I am prepared for things to get ugly…very ugly.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #273  
I somewhat do not agree that choosing not to play in a rigged game is tantamount to quitting.

Some quick math reminded me of the enormous amount of tax dollars I was contributing to a system that spends it in ways I oppose. Like expensive benefits for classes of people who never contributed a dime in taxes into our system. And the realization that once a program starts, it only grows to become more financially hungry over time. Needing even more tax $$ from people like me.

So-- I chose to move. Now my tax contributions go to a system that is more aligned with me. Not even close to perfectly aligned, but the number of things that are done which I find objectionable is measurably less.
Two things. My view. Take it or not. WE aren't that far apart. Semantics mostly. You are focused on the micro view, naturally, and I am talking about the macro. You seem to have the option to move easier than most. The other is we don't really get to choose not to play the game. We can try but the game goes on. Those who try to remove themselves from it are leaving themselves at the mercy of the game and those who are engaged in the fight.

I don't think you are talking about really dropping out but moving out, it's different.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #274  
I am now a US citizen, and feel the same way. But I am 73 now. Cannot fold and go elsewhere. I am prepared for things to get ugly…very ugly.
Nothing has to "get ugly" unless we let it. Both sides need to step back and cool the extreme rhetoric. Not everyone who disagrees with you is your enemy.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #276  
When people say there are “ready” I really wonder if that’s true. Can you run a 5k or even walk a 5k while carrying anything?

Most people I see are very far from ready, but everyone on the internet is. lol.

Anyone who has lived in a modern civil war would prefer not to. Please read more history if you think you want this.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #277  
The future thread will be “they said a civil war would be fun and turn out like I wanted, but increasingly I feel duped”. lol.

That’s if you live through it.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #278  
Still hilarious after the years :

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #279  
When people say there are “ready” I really wonder if that’s true. Can you run a 5k or even walk a 5k while carrying anything?

Most people I see are very far from ready, but everyone on the internet is. lol.

Anyone who has lived in a modern civil war would prefer not to. Please read more history if you think you want this.
Being prepared is different than wanting something to happen.

I carry a gun not because I want to shoot people, but because I may need to. The same applies to guns I have staged around the house. I had to draw on a person once and I prefer having a gun rather than a stick.

I have food stocked not because I want the SHTF but because it might. BTW it came in handy during Covid. We only went to the store once every two or three weeks when it was really crazy.

I have a whole house generator and fuel for two months not because I want the power grid to go out for weeks at a time, but it might.

I am well armed and able to manufacture bullets and ammunition for a long time if "peaceful protests" become the new normal and less peaceful. If the government "temporarily" bans the sale of ammunition, powder or primers for the sake of "public safety", I and the people I will be depending on, will not be affected.

I live in the sticks where neighbors will band together if things get bad. We will not need to leave and "get away". No need to run 5 km or carry much.

BTW, when I said things will get ugly, I was not suggesting a civil war. That makes no sense. Who is the enemy? People are not going to walk around with "I support Bidet or Rump" patches on their shirts. Things get ugly when folks lose jobs, cars, and homes. Things get ugly when people are assaulted, their property stolen, and criminals are not incarcerated...oh wait, some places run by Democrats are already like that...LOL.

There will not be a civil war in the US. It is more likely judges and employees of government agencies perceived as corrupt and/or enforcing "unfair laws" will be targeted. Elected officials will also be targeted. Read the book "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross.

Those people will be called "Domestic Terrorists". When thing get bad, people will blame those in power and positions of authority for their misery. 'Terrorists" targeting the cause of problems will not be feared by the population.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #280  
Sounds like you have it figured out. Good luck and God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.