I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #261  
Today, feeling "convicted" means someone else is at fault for making you reflect on your own failures. Responsibility and conviction run counter to elevating yourself to a god in your own life.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #262  
The Green energy movement will bankrupt this once great country. Once we hit 50 trillion, we are a dead carcass. We aint far.

Social media, used for evil & pernicious reasons, will destroy this country‘s soul.
No argument on any of that. I do see a lot of people shunning EV's and I hope their numbers increase.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #263  
After my experience with Prop 187, I laugh when I hear it is your "patriotic duty" to vote.
Thank you!

I don't want people who are uninformed to vote. Telling people 'I don't care how you vote, just go vote' is the stupidest thing anyone can say. I will admire the dumba** who is willing to stay home if he doesn't have enough sense to educate himself before voting. But I will aslo try my absolute best to get that person to vote the way I vote. I will make him my friend, I will help him, educate him and do my best to turn him into a solid educated voter. And once he is I will do my best to make sure he votes. It's my duty.

I firmly believe a citizen cannot do his duty and be an idle spectator. I also believe we cannot, ever, ever, ever give up.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #265  
Test that out by moving to California. :D
Even in Texas it can be a challenge to maintain the attitude that one simply CANNOT give up. But there is really NO option. I will not move to Cali or anywhere else. I will encourage others to stand up and claim where they live as their reason to be active and vote their informed convictions.

It's smart to be aware of the situation and circumstances that need improvement where you are and sometimes it can seem hopeless but once you give up you lose.

I know that there is no other Texas to move to.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #266  
Thank you!

I don't want people who are uninformed to vote. Telling people 'I don't care how you vote, just go vote' is the stupidest thing anyone can say. I will admire the dumba** who is willing to stay home if he doesn't have enough sense to educate himself before voting. But I will aslo try my absolute best to get that person to vote the way I vote. I will make him my friend, I will help him, educate him and do my best to turn him into a solid educated voter. And once he is I will do my best to make sure he votes. It's my duty.

I firmly believe a citizen cannot do his duty and be an idle spectator. I also believe we cannot, ever, ever, ever give up.

That, and the fact that studies show that the majority of adults 30 and under get their news from Tic-Toc. That is enough to scare anyone.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #267  
But there is really NO option.
I somewhat do not agree that choosing not to play in a rigged game is tantamount to quitting.

Some quick math reminded me of the enormous amount of tax dollars I was contributing to a system that spends it in ways I oppose. Like expensive benefits for classes of people who never contributed a dime in taxes into our system. And the realization that once a program starts, it only grows to become more financially hungry over time. Needing even more tax $$ from people like me.

So-- I chose to move. Now my tax contributions go to a system that is more aligned with me. Not even close to perfectly aligned, but the number of things that are done which I find objectionable is measurably less.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #268  
For me the clown world started with Prop 187 in California. The voters, in an election, chose to deny government benefits to illegal immigrants.

Those in support of such benefits had seen their impending defeat, so they went shopping to find a "friendly" judge. The day after the proposition was enacted, the friendly judge deemed the will of the voters to be unconstitutional. That threw it into the court system. Except it never got fought. The CA governor, who wanted such benefits, would not allow the CA state attorneys to work on the case. Pulled any funding for that. So the voter-enacted new law would never survive, first deemed unconstitutional, then killed by CA governor with feel-good policies who wanted the benefits to flow.

Someone wrote above that similar things have happened with electric vehicle subsidies. I have seen this as well-- the will of the people ignored by officials who feel that pushing electric or green is simply what the taxpayers must fund, regardless of need or popularity.

I can empathize. I won't pollute this thread with references to various oversight and judicial abuses going on in Kanada - as it's endemic to most "advanced"/Western countries today.

They have forgotten, who is supposed to be serving who.

Rgds, D.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #269  
That, and the fact that studies show that the majority of adults 30 and under get their news from Tic-Toc. That is enough to scare anyone.
That is bad. But I’m here to tell you that Tick Tok allows all points of view to be shared.
Its actually probably better than mainstream media news.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #270  
I have been hearing that ***** won the vote for President
but as you can see criminal crooked pea brain is still in office
screwing up the country. per brain is so crooked I do believe
they will have to screw him in the ground to bury him!!!!!!!!!

willy

Status
Not open for further replies.