I give Up looking for a trailer.

/ I give Up looking for a trailer. #21  
I'm glad I found the 2020 Eagle 10k tilt deck trailer in March for $5k
192905973_10158123679415983_4487584607410284295_n.jpg

/ I give Up looking for a trailer. #22  
RE: Steel. I'm in manufacturing as well (ironically, steel mill consumables). Airfreight coil. You'd think, "..oh heck no". It's happening b/c in areas it is simply unavailable. I cannot put my finger on what's happening. Demand cannot be that high. Mills are running as fast as they can. Something is amiss and it isn't just inflation.

/ I give Up looking for a trailer. #23  
An unexpected chance for GREED.

I don't agree with this at all, I think its just a combination of increasing demand coupled with a very volatile supply chain.

/ I give Up looking for a trailer.
Gonna have to wait this self inflicted **** out. Used trucks are worse. This economy was thrust upon us, now we're in a big pickle.
Tractors too. My dealer is having a hard time even getting tractors to sell

What I don't understand is the demand. Prices are crazy yet there is still more demand for just about everything than supply. Trucks, trailers, tractors, anything built with lumber, etc....

Where is the demand coming from? All the handout money?

/ I give Up looking for a trailer. #26  
People are sitting fat and sassy with handout cash and/or tons of overtime money for those worked to the bone over the past year. If only 10% of the population were in that position, when in reality it's much higher, then that creates a demand that our supply chains cannot sustain even when running normal. Now add to that the other side of things with few supply chains able to run at capacity due to lack of employees (covid restrictions and/or no one to hire). It's a perfect storm from all angles and it's affecting nearly all manufactured or processed products. Vehicles, lumber, steel, appliances, replacement parts of all sorts, electronics, even beer and pop are limited due to aluminum can shortages. A supply nightmare. Lots of gaps and holes in stores, where some things are overstocked and other areas bare for months.

/ I give Up looking for a trailer. #27  
Tractors too. My dealer is having a hard time even getting tractors to sell

What I don't understand is the demand. Prices are crazy yet there is still more demand for just about everything than supply. Trucks, trailers, tractors, anything built with lumber, etc....

My thoughts on the demand is that when manufacturers shut down or had significant labor loss due to covid, the orders never stopped. They started manufacturing again with a huge backlog looking them in the face.

/ I give Up looking for a trailer. #28  
That is surprising. Maybe that's why. But I haven't seen an increase locally in steel or lumber. Over the last year and a half....sure. but nothing significant in the last 2-3 months around here
March to June,.....T-111 plywood went from $65 to $96 here.
I would definitely call that an increase...."around here"!

/ I give Up looking for a trailer. #29  
I believe one reason for additional demand is just what we're talking about on this thread; if you wait a month the price may double, so you had better buy NOW!
I bought a mini-excavator a couple months ago, and the timing of my purchase was due in part to inflation concerns. As scary as the price tag was at the time, I didn't even want to think about what it might be in a few more months.

/ I give Up looking for a trailer. #30  
One group of people saved a ton of money not commuting, eating out, traveling etc and money is burning a hole in their picket. Second group have made a great return in the markets and their living expenses also went down. Record amounts of cash in banks and record low credit card balances. Too much money chasing too few goods always causes inflation. Oh wait there isn't any inflation😊