I give Up looking for a trailer.

/ I give Up looking for a trailer.
   / I give Up looking for a trailer. #12  
So.....what happened to warrant another 20-30% hike - - An unexpected chance for GREED.

So.....what happened to warrant another 20-30% hike - - An unexpected chance for GREED.
Kinda my thoughts.

Dont really want to jump the gun and buy a trailer when prices are at their peak.

The fact that no one has trailer in stock and so many places are backlogged and when good used ones come up they are gone in hours.....tells me that there are LOTS of people buying trailers.

Pretty soon I would think the demand has to slow back down. There's only a need for so many trailers.

/ I give Up looking for a trailer. #14  
I work in manufacturing and buy a lot of steel. You may not want to hear it but there has been around a 30% increase in steel from April to June. It has been going up and up and up.

I work in manufacturing and buy a lot of steel. You may not want to hear it but there has been around a 30% increase in steel from April to June. It has been going up and up and up.
That is surprising. Maybe that's why. But I haven't seen an increase locally in steel or lumber. Over the last year and a half....sure. but nothing significant in the last 2-3 months around here

/ I give Up looking for a trailer. #18  
Agree with all of the above. Been trying to find a 22' tilt deck and it is just crazy when you find one what price they are asking.

/ I give Up looking for a trailer. #19  
Kinda my thoughts.

Dont really want to jump the gun and buy a trailer when prices are at their peak.

The fact that no one has trailer in stock and so many places are backlogged and when good used ones come up they are gone in hours.....tells me that there are LOTS of people buying trailers.

Pretty soon I would think the demand has to slow back down. There's only a need for so many trailers.

As inconvenient and a pain it is, I think you hit the nail on the head.

Once demand and supply get more in sync, things will be better. Perhaps not pretty soon - but eventually.

MoKelly

/ I give Up looking for a trailer. #20  
That is surprising. Maybe that's why. But I haven't seen an increase locally in steel or lumber. Over the last year and a half....sure. but nothing significant in the last 2-3 months around here
You are probably seeing retail pricing. Wholesale is a whole different ball game. Most of the retail vendors absorb the small ups and downs then do fewer, but larger, price changes. I'm getting wholesale and mill direct quotes that are only good for hours where they used to be good for a week or more.