Hydraulic fluid

/ Hydraulic fluid #21  
I would not use TSC trans hydraulic fluid in my tractors. I did some research some time ago, and it had a poor rating for hydraulics, so it's a no go for me.

I went to Blains and stocked up on 5 gal pails of theirs when they were running a sale on it, theirs is made by Citgo and is rated much better.

SR

/ Hydraulic fluid #22  
   / Hydraulic fluid #23  
   / Hydraulic fluid #24  
   / Hydraulic fluid #25  
“The Court has not decided who is right. Instead, the parties agreed to a proposed settlement to avoid the expense and risks of continuing the lawsuit.‘
Citgo is not a company to be trusted for many reason, most are not to be discussed here. However Any company that is that’s main advertisement on its packaging is that it’s 303 probabably is sell substandard oil. They don’t do that now but did they actually improve it?

According to blains website it only meets jd20c spec.

The mobile delvac the advertise beside it meets
“API GL-4, Caterpillar TO-2, Denison UTTO/THF, Ford New Holland ESN-M2C-134-D and FNHA-2C-201.00, John Deere J20C, and more. Meets or exceeds the requirements of the following industry and builder specifications: Kubota UDT1 and ASTM D6973 (Eaton 35VQ) vane pump test.”

I doesn’t appear that blains branded oil even offers a dual jd20c/jd20d spec which is what most call premium.

Oh good grief. So what, all non-OEM oils are no good? Better yet, why not tell us who makes JD, Kubota, AGCO, etc branded oil.
Have you read my prior post (#7 and 20)? How in the wild world of sports could you come to that conclusion if you had?

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic fluid #26  
Oh good grief. So what, all non-OEM oils are no good? Better yet, why not tell us who makes JD, Kubota, AGCO, etc branded oil.
The problem with that is, it not about who made it, it's about what THAT company spec'ed it, and then does it then meet that spec...

Just because company A made it, it doesn't mean it's spec'ed the same as company B's is.

As for TSC, --------> THEIR literature says it's NOT for HD hydraulic use, I don't want that oil in my tractors.

SR

/ Hydraulic fluid #27  
The problem with that is, it not about who made it, it's about what THAT company spec'ed it, and then does it then meet that spec...

Just because company A made it, it doesn't mean it's spec'ed the same as company B's is.

As for TSC, --------> THEIR literature says it's NOT for HD hydraulic use, I don't want that oil in my tractors.

SR

I will add that there is a post here on TBN, OTT or maybe YouTube with the front label of a TSC hydraulic / transmission oil stating that is was suitable for use in ALL modern machinery. The back of the container said in small print something to the effect of not being suitable for use in machinery manufactured after 1970ish.

This was several years AFTER their 303 debacle, and doesn't instill much confidence.

/ Hydraulic fluid #28  
I've never understood the rationale behind 'fluid is too expensive so I'll use the cheap stuff'... You pay thousands for a tractor and then cheap out on fluids and filters.. I don't get that at all.

Far as Coyote Machine's comment, you ever bother to do a spectroscopic analysis on your fluid? Bet not. I do with all my fluids every time I change them. Additive packages wear out in any fluid, don't matter if it 'appears' fine or not. Only way to tell is by doing an analysis. Especially hydrostats are touchy when it comes to fluid. Gear drives, not so much but then all mine are gear drive and they get changed every 2 years, sooner if they appear milky and each of mine holds 15 gallons btw. I do keep them inside when not being used as well.

I never cheap out, ever. I depend on my tractors for farming and keep in mind that not only does the fluid lubricate the gearbox or in the case of a hydro, the entire transmission but it also provides hydraulics for your loader or any implement you have on the back that requires hydraulics plus it keeps your wet brake discs lubricated.

I just don't see being cheap on fluid when the tractor costs many thousands.

/ Hydraulic fluid #29  
I've never understood the rationale behind 'fluid is too expensive so I'll use the cheap stuff'... You pay thousands for a tractor and then cheap out on fluids and filters.. I don't get that at all.

Far as Coyote Machine's comment, you ever bother to do a spectroscopic analysis on your fluid? Bet not. I do with all my fluids every time I change them. Additive packages wear out in any fluid, don't matter if it 'appears' fine or not. Only way to tell is by doing an analysis. Especially hydrostats are touchy when it comes to fluid. Gear drives, not so much but then all mine are gear drive and they get changed every 2 years, sooner if they appear milky and each of mine holds 15 gallons btw. I do keep them inside when not being used as well.

I never cheap out, ever. I depend on my tractors for farming and keep in mind that not only does the fluid lubricate the gearbox or in the case of a hydro, the entire transmission but it also provides hydraulics for your loader or any implement you have on the back that requires hydraulics plus it keeps your wet brake discs lubricated.

I just don't see being cheap on fluid when the tractor costs many thousands.

Yeah, fluid and filters are cheap, Ill never understand that rational either.

/ Hydraulic fluid #30  
Yeah, fluid and filters are cheap, Ill never understand that rational either.
I don't use SUDT in either of my M's but I do use Chevron All Weather THC synthetic and it costs a bit more than SUDT does but both my units seem to be very happy with it and 30 gallons sets me back a bit as well. I always use Kubota filters, no exception. They might be a tad more expensive but the engineers at Kubota know what they are doing so I follow their lead.