How to find a suction leak

/ How to find a suction leak #61  
Beez
Glad you have this lift fixed.
Was there any part numbers on two valves you replaced. Just curious on the check and over center valve style.

/ How to find a suction leak
On another matter -
Any details on your "hoop house"?
I finished the top of the building, but didn't manage to get the ends on before it got too cold. I'll finish next year but at least it keeps the snow off. It's 72x34', it's a ClearSpan from Farmtek.

1022211408a_HDR.jpg

We also have a larger fabric building that my wife uses for a horse arena. We've had it for 9 years I think.

0719210744a.jpg

Beez
Was there any part numbers on two valves you replaced. Just curious on the check and over center valve style.
I'll take a look and let you know, the outside is pretty covered with paint and crud. The new ones came in Eaton bags, I assume the old ones were also Eaton.

Beez
Old valves, no manufacturer info on the valve, hard to tell a zero from an O. What's with these long part numbers, there aren't that many stars in the universe:
Check valve: 1H0403 4CKX22073 01
Overcenter: 1H05 410 E30F35S5
Here's a photo of the old valves:
1224210913.jpg

I didn't get the numbers off the new valves, but here's the bags they came in. The overcenter was the Eaton:

1224210923.jpg
1224210923a~2.jpg

/ How to find a suction leak #65  
Glad you found it. The numbering is logical when you look at a catalog. Things like motors, controls, hydraulics all tend to have a bunch of options you can get. So they break down the numbers by position. So like the first 2 digits will be the valve series. The next 2 or 3 might be the size. Then they could have options where the next 2 are what style of connector, then the next 2 could be what power type (12v dc or 24vAC, perhaps). In the end you get a 12-15-19 digit product number, but you can easily look in the catalog and tell what it is. Or if you are very familiar with that particular manufacturer from using them a lot, you may know it of the top of your head.

I can't read the numbers on your bag as they are a bit worn and photos are tough to read like that, but if you type in Eaton Valve and the top number in the google machine, you should get some references. Then if you find the catalog pages for those valves, it will have the decoder ring to explain what all those numbers mean.

/ How to find a suction leak #66  
Beez,
as a follow up I was unable to locate the old Integrated catalogue but did find these Eaton - Integrated data sheets that I believe are very close to what you have in your lift.

To answer your question on if the pilot lines could cause the uneven leveling the answer is potentially if the seals on the pilot piston of the PO Check where bad. This would allow oil to travel from the rod end to the cap end with being forced into the cage cylinder. You are dealing with a small volume of oil so a small leak path could cause the uneven leveling.

Attachments

• 4ck30.pdf
    108.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 1ce30.pdf
    124.3 KB · Views: 40
Beez,
as a follow up I was unable to locate the old Integrated catalogue but did find these Eaton - Integrated data sheets that I believe are very close to what you have in your lift.
Thanks, nice to see what the cross section looks like. I took the old ones apart but didn't know how the overcenter valve body came apart. I'll try taking that apart sometime and look inside. There's a lot more inside these valves than I appreciated.