How Old is Your Tool Box?

/ How Old is Your Tool Box? #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
How old is your tool box?

My old Mac Tools MB1500 dates from the eighties. I used to have a Mac Tools top chest as well, but that was stolen when my shop was broken into and the thieves used our wrecker to boost my top tool box. Anyway, here is my tool box.

10606222_10202708088402864_2467167837887703304_n.jpg

/ How Old is Your Tool Box? #2  
My Craftsman rollaways are 10+ & 30+ yrs old, the HFT about 1. My Gerstner is 20+, and my Kennedy is 70+. None are particularly photogenic. All are in current (this week) use. My new NH lacks a steel toolbox behind the seat like the '98 had. The Deere has a box (poly) above the left fender but no lid on it. There are others. There will be more. ;)

/ How Old is Your Tool Box? #3  
I have Craftsman tool boxes. The first tool box was just a Craftsman single box with a single drawer and a lift handle on top. I quickly overfilled that box with tools. I started working as a mechanic in a gas station and the other mechanics were generous enough to let me use their tools when I didn't have the right one. In 1970 I rec'd. a 3 piece Craftsman tool box set from my parents at Christmas. Over the next few years I quickly filled those boxes from the tools guys that used to come by the garage every week (Mac, Snap On, etc.). By the late 70's I bought another Craftsman tool box set just a top chest and a bottom. Both boxes are about 5' tall and I still have them. They may not look the best (tops are too cluttered to take a pic of them) but all the drawers still slide easily. They still roll around but are so heavy I usually walk to them to get the tool I need.
The small box on the back of my Tractor was my Fathers. Not sure if it was an old ammo box but I know it's over 60 years old. I store extra pins and small hand tools in there.

Attachments

• DSCN1311 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1311 (Medium).JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 187
   / How Old is Your Tool Box? #4  
I gave my father's 70+ Kennedy to my son when he needed one. Three generations and still good.

Bruce

/ How Old is Your Tool Box? #5  
1967 first big tool box ... 1976 new addition ... many more after that ...

/ How Old is Your Tool Box? #6  
My Mac boxes are about the same age as yours. Drawer top and 12 drawer bottom. I'll look in the morning and see what the model numbers are.
Bill

/ How Old is Your Tool Box? #7  
The small box on the back of my Tractor was my Fathers. Not sure if it was an old ammo box but I know it's over 60 years old. I store extra pins and small hand tools in there.

George - Is that a 12v outlet on the box or some kind of "shock" locking system?.....Gary

/ How Old is Your Tool Box? #8  
George - Is that a 12v outlet on the box or some kind of "shock" locking system?.....Gary

No, it's my backup camera. I didn't want to suction cup mount to the glass nor mount on the fender.

/ How Old is Your Tool Box? #9  
I have 1 craftsman carry box that was my Dad's....dates from the late 30s or early 40s.. Actually, my son has it at the moment. Hope he hangs on to it.

/ How Old is Your Tool Box? #10  
My first box was a portable Craftsman with the handle on top of a folding lid. It came with my first set of wrenches and sockets from Sears during the summer of 1967. The top box I am using today is a Craftsman also that I bought new in the summer of 1973.

Last edited: