House Build 2023

/ House Build 2023
Current exterior status. Cypress columns are installed. The decorative truss and faux beams are going to be wrapped with 1X Cypress and it will all be stained a chocolate color. Then gutters and concrete and the outside will be complete.

20231126_170341.jpg

/ House Build 2023 #273  
Sure looks like it's almost there!!!! Are you gonna have a Christmas Tree?

/ House Build 2023
Sadly no. Trim should finish this week. They are taking their sweet time. The trim guy is the slowest one of the bunch so far. I've never accidentally walked in on him working. Always playing on his phone or sitting in his car. That said, all the doors are in and cased except for the one going into the attic, windows are trimmed, baseboard is down, and closets are finished. Not sure what he has left to do, there's still quite a bit of wood in the garage.

Wood ceilings should go up this week, followed by attic insulation. Cabinet guy has not been back since the pic I posted a couple weeks ago. Painters should start prepping this week also, and should hopefully start next week. Colors are picked, countertops are almost all picked out. Appliance deposit has been paid. Electrician has not put a meter on the house yet. No telling how long it will take Entergy to hook it up once it's on.

/ House Build 2023 #275  
At least you know that you'll have a Christmas Tree in there next year!!!!! It always seems that the end is extremely slow in coming. Hopefully your Trim Guy is being paid by the job and not by the hour.

/ House Build 2023
The end does seem exceptionally slow. But we broke ground June 15. So if we get in by mid Feb that's only 8 months. I expect that we will beat that by as much as a month. Overall I think that's pretty good for what we built.

/ House Build 2023
I went home for lunch yesterday and I had electricians putting the meter receptacle on the house, cabinet guys working in the kitchen, half a dozen people caulking/ prepping for paint, and a dump truck spreading gravel on the driveway!

/ House Build 2023 #278  
One thing to consider, a pot-filler faucet. My wife talked me into one when we built ,and it is very convenient.