Hours charged for tractor work

/ Hours charged for tractor work #31  
So, one thing I forgot to mention, is those numbers can't blindly be applied from one job to the next. If one job is farther away, or requires multiple trips/multiple pieces of equipment, Mobilization goes up. If a dump site is 30 miles away; unsuitable material might go up; if you can haul unsuitable across the street, price would go down.

I think something like a property management company would like this kinda set up. Maybe you bid 40 homes for same company, with same pay Item value; yep, the one 20 miles out, maybe you make less profit, and the ones in a 5 mile radius, you make a bit more; but they picked up 3 more foreclosures that need mowed; or the tenants threw 3 mattress and a truck load of trash in the backyard, we got numbers, you shoot me an email with the work order authorization :)

/ Hours charged for tractor work #32  
I'm bargain ;)
I'm just throwing numbers out there. But; if you work your Google Foo, your state DOT probably has a "state wide average" available online; listing everything from mowing, to 8000 psi hi-early concrete, to hourly rates from a shovel man, to a senior bridge engineer.

/ Hours charged for tractor work #33  

Sorry; 6" concrete pavement should have been $81/sy in 2021 :)
Screenshot_20230516_152820_Drive.jpg

/ Hours charged for tractor work #34  

Tennesse; but it looks like a lot of their stuff is Lump Sum (LS) and it's hard to know if that is the LS for a $37m widening project or a $7.5m mill and resurface.

/ Hours charged for tractor work #35  

Some additional stuff. Now, keep in mind; say Mowing; that may or may not include litter removal; weed eating around signs; slope mowing; and any required traffic control for the effort. I dont think is quite as cut and dry as $1700/acre for mowing; that could be the price to keep 1 acre mowed to no greater then 6" grass, for a 1 year period, ect

Point being; Google your state DOT Averages

/ Hours charged for tractor work #36  
Hijack, I pay concrete guys to finish. I prep and buy rebar, concrete. When he comes it’s ready to pour.
But I’m interested in mowing billing in case I get someone to mow my lot.

/ Hours charged for tractor work #37  
This is the one showing $1700/acre mowing.
Screenshot_20230516_154402_Drive.jpg

/ Hours charged for tractor work #39  
As long as the customer understands and you're both content with the agreement, it's whatever works between you and him. I would charge a sufficient amont so that your time maintaining the machine is worked into to overall price of the machine time.

/ Hours charged for tractor work #40  
When using a tractor to do work for other people and charging by the hour my understanding is the hours are measured by the hour meter on the equipment versus the wrist watch.
What say you ?
I do believe that on some equipment the hour meter is run off of rpm. So most operating rpm is equal to regular clock hours but low idle work less time.