Hotwiring a CT235?

/ Hotwiring a CT235? #1  

jcims

Gold Member
Hey folks,

My 2011 CT235 (<200 hrs) is demonstrating some electrical issues in which it will not start regardless of how much current is available at the battery terminals (e.g. new 700CCA battery plus 200A in booster). Basically it *acts* like a dead battery when i turn the start switch. The solenoid will chatter and for a second and the instrument cluster will go dark.

I kind of need to use it today and am wondering if I can just run 12v to a post on the starter, and or hotwire the starter to bypass whatever oddness is going on. Any suggestions?

Promise i'll keep a fire extinguisher handy lol.

/ Hotwiring a CT235?
Nvm, shorted two terminals on the starter, which spun the motor but not the engine. But now the key works just fine to start the tractor. Weird. Anyway, bad starter brushes?

/ Hotwiring a CT235? #3  
Bad brushes? Bad Bendix? Bad ground path? All the above? None of the above? Troubleshoot when the problem returns. If it ain't broke it's really hard to localize the problem.

/ Hotwiring a CT235? #4  
Probably a bad connection on a battery cable.

/ Hotwiring a CT235?
Bad brushes? Bad Bendix? Bad ground path? All the above? None of the above? Troubleshoot when the problem returns. If it ain't broke it's really hard to localize the problem.

Probably a bad connection on a battery cable.

Good suggestions. If/when it returns will check those out. Thanks!