Honey bees

/ Honey bees #131  
There is a good chance just because they are going in right at the corner of the column they aren't neccesarily living in the actual column. They could be in between the rafters on the porch roof structure, much easier tear out than removing the column. An easy way to find out would be to take out that vent right there and have a look. I would suit up though.
2nd sentence.
“I have checked under my soffit and in my attic and no signs of bees there.”

/ Honey bees #132  
Bee bricks in Brighton, UK to support habitats for bees in all new buildings

Fpnj3QzWAAIS5a3.png

/ Honey bees #133  
That vent leads to the crawl space in my attic. I have gone into the crawl space and found no bees.
There is a good chance just because they are going in right at the corner of the column they aren't neccesarily living in the actual column. They could be in between the rafters on the porch roof structure, much easier tear out than removing the column. An easy way to find out would be to take out that vent right there and have a look. I would suit up though.

2nd sentence.
“I have checked under my soffit and in my attic

/ Honey bees #134  
Bee bricks in Brighton, UK to support habitats for bees in all new buildings

View attachment 785302
I think those are "bee bricks", that are closed tubes for leaf cutter and mason bees, i.e. the tubes don't just go into a wall cavity.

I was taught that it was better to use disposable reed or paper tubes to cut down on parasites, like these;
But I am not an expert.

There are family stories of what a disaster it was when bees got into my great aunt's attic space and nobody noticed until honey start dripping down on the ladies during coffee hours. Rumor was many hundreds of pounds of honey, new ceiling, and fun was had by all...

All the best,

Peter

/ Honey bees #136  
Woooo, the bees are pulling in buckets of pollen! Fed back all of the honey we kept in reserve last fall. Busy for the first week of March

/ Honey bees #139  
Cut 186 frame side bars today! They are all 3/8” wide… that’s a lot of ripping on the table saw
D2FC5F72-288E-48DA-A3FB-3E4AE6848AA8.jpeg

/ Honey bees #140  
I feel your pain, at least a few weeks ago I did.
I have all of my equipment built for this year. 800 deep frames,1000 honey supper frames and enough boxes, tops and bottoms for 70 more hives. Today I washed out 20 frame feeders and mixed up 10 gal. 1 to 1 sugar water. Going to do my first deep inspections tomorrow after noon. Also drove in 5 T post and top bars for my home yard. I will start rehanging the Woven fence tomorrow morning.