Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts?

/ Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts? #51  
I work for a recycling/junk yard and we get old plows on or off of trucks, seems like every week. Yes they are rusty and worn.

/ Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts? #52  
Why not adapt you rear blade attachment for the front SSQA?

/ Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts? #53  
This is an interesting thread. It certainly falls into the "how much time do you have" category.

/ Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts? #55  
Years ago, in my younger days I operated a fork lift for a lumber retailer.
When the lumber got snowed in, we picked up a skid of dirt or concrete and nailed a 2 X 12 to the front of it.
It generally lasted all winter.
I'd say go for your idea....you will know quickly if it will work for you or not.
What have you got to lose?

/ Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts? #56  
It will work til you bump into something frozen in the ground! LOL!

/ Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts? #57  
My brother was using an old wooden (plywood) apple crate that he would push around with his fork lift. It worked ok for a few inches of snow. I don't know how deep he actually got. I think he probably had mounted a 2x8 to the front of the apple crate for his blade which would slowly wear down and he'd replace it.
It isn't quite the solution I would have chosen, but it seemed to work for him.

Each person has different skills and tools available. The OP's wood idea may well work. It doesn't hurt to try. If not, back to pushing and scooping with the bucket.

/ Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts? #58  

/ Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts? #59  
My brother was using an old wooden (plywood) apple crate that he would push around with his fork lift. It worked ok for a few inches of snow. I don't know how deep he actually got. I think he probably had mounted a 2x8 to the front of the apple crate for his blade which would slowly wear down and he'd replace it.
It isn't quite the solution I would have chosen, but it seemed to work for him.

Each person has different skills and tools available. The OP's wood idea may well work. It doesn't hurt to try. If not, back to pushing and scooping with the bucket.
Yeah, If Grandma can use a broom, you can use anything! Success is truly about time and effectiveness for your needs .

/ Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts? #60  
Built this pusher with some scrap 2x's about 10 years ago for my little Kubota B series, works fine. Need to replace the lower 2x6 once or twice a season due to wear, or hitting something hard, other than that it does the job.
BLADE.jpg