Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts?

/ Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts? #61  
Built this pusher with some scrap 2x's about 10 years ago for my little Kubota B series, works fine. Need to replace the lower 2x6 once or twice a season due to wear, or hitting something hard, other than that it does the job.View attachment 832582
what is the advantaged ? seem like you gain two feet but lost the bucket capacity... so is there one?

/ Homemade wooden snowplow - thoughts? #62  
I have a Kubota MX6000 cab tractor. Normally I use a 7' rear blade for snow plowing. However, it is a pain to be looking behind you all the time. What do you guys think of making a wooden front plow?

So you have a 60 HP tractor... fresh virgin snow maybe I see this working but the first ice, rock snow bank, thawed then froze snow you hit I see it turning into splinters. I like the 55 gallon drum idea a bit better.
Maybe as a cleanup device or in a situation where your picking up crumbs, but not deep or old snow.

IF you really hate looking backwards come up with a way to mount your 7 foot blade on the front to your FEL. I see this lasting WAY WAY longer and being way more useful