Homemade loader for Branson tractor

/ Homemade loader for Branson tractor #1  

ptsg

Tractor
Branson F36Rn - Agria 8900D
Hi there

So after owing a Kubota B7000 with a loader I've built, I know how versatile a tractor with a loader is and the amount of things that it allows for us to do.

Since this new tractor didn't come with a loader, mostly due to the price that would add. This lead me to search for an used one which, I've found out that they are either too old and sloppy or just too expensive.

Therefore I started looking on what materials I had laying around to build a loader and playing with CAD drawings to get all the movements and pivot point right.

This is more or less the loader I will built. It will have quick attach feature both at the bucket (not modeled) and at the loader it self. I will add supports to the loader mount from the rear axle and also from the front of the tractor to help spreading the loader and stresses between the whole tractor.

After checking everything I had to work with, I started building the loader. Obviously I will need to buy some stuff like more steel, all the hydraulic stuff and maybe an used bucket if I can find one. I will build the cylinders myself.

Let's go for the pictures:

The loader towers and quick attach supports:

More to follow

/ Homemade loader for Branson tractor
So this tractor comes with a mid mounted ROPS, and seems like Branson though on the possibility of adding a loader, so they built the ROPS mount really sturdy and strong. My plan is to weld a piece of rectangular tubing, the same I will use on the loader arms to give the loader mount a place to weld.

I've also started on the loader arms.

Pictures to follow:

Some random machining pictures, I thought you might enjoy:

This will be a slow build, so might be while till the next update.

/ Homemade loader for Branson tractor #3  
Nice looking work so far.

Wish I had a lathe and mill at home. I miss having access to a machine shop. That is what I did for the last 15 years before retiring.

Thank you sir!

Having a lathe and a mill definitely makes things a lot easier! I'm just 24 so I'm still kinda starting in this machining deal although I run the milling machine since I could barely see over the vice.

/ Homemade loader for Branson tractor #5  
Interesting :thumbsup: keep the updates coming.

/ Homemade loader for Branson tractor #6  
You do good work, it's always interesting to see.

/ Homemade loader for Branson tractor #7  
Very impressive work. Not knowing exactly how your mid mount ROPS is attached, I am wondering what sort of support you will need to add, if any, under the tractor to provide extra support for the stresses of the loader? Most strong loaders I have seen have a solid front to back support frame that is bolted to the tractor. I am looking forward to seeing your progress. W. Jones

Thank you.

My plan is to add a piece of flat bar on each side, going from the loader brackets to the front of the tractor. Then I will add a sub-frame going from the bottom of the brackets to the rear axle and I will also add a cross member connecting the two brackets.

Hopefully this will spread and even the stress between the whole tractor.

This is a picture of the ROPS are mounted. Hard to see but they build it pretty much like a regular loader bracket on a rear mounted ROPS tractor.

This is the front supports I have in mind. You can see the flat bar going to the front.

/ Homemade loader for Branson tractor #9  
That should work. That is a solid ROPS system! The Humpolec made loader that came on my 2004 Century 2535 has 1" (approximately) thick steel front to back of varying widths and cross members under the tractor. There is no give to it. With the loader frame on it makes the tractor feel very solid. Good Luck. W. Jones

/ Homemade loader for Branson tractor #10  
Thank you.

My plan is to add a piece of flat bar on each side, going from the loader brackets to the front of the tractor. Then I will add a sub-frame going from the bottom of the brackets to the rear axle and I will also add a cross member connecting the two brackets.

Hopefully this will spread and even the stress between the whole tractor.

This is a picture of the ROPS are mounted. Hard to see but they build it pretty much like a regular loader bracket on a rear mounted ROPS tractor.

This is the front supports I have in mind. You can see the flat bar going to the front.

It looks like even the factory loader is mounted to the ROPS so I dont see why it wouldn't work.