Home Made debris forks

/ Home Made debris forks #1  

Buggs67

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 2014 CK2510 TLB
I have clamp on pallet forks and for a big job (like all the limbs/branches from a felled tree) it's worth breaking them out. But sometimes they're too long. Sometimes it'd be nice to have a quick-to-attach set of 4 short (2') forks to do clean up. Anybody make a set?

/ Home Made debris forks #2  
I made these about 10 years ago. They're made from 1" square shafting I picked up at a salvage yard. It's really strong stuff. The back end (not visible) has a pad with a hole. I was originally going to weld nuts to the bottom of the bucket but never got around to it. The nuts would hold the rear in place and keep them from turning. I dug up a lot of cactus with these.

FEL-Forks.jpg

/ Home Made debris forks #3  
This is what I did.... 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 square steel tube about 48 inches in total length...

forks-1-jpg.686036

forks-2-jpg.686029

There is also a strip of metal under tines that fits under lip of FEL to keep it from flopping" around...

And how they are retained in FEL...

bolt-3-jpg.686030

Grill added later to keep debris from flopping over back of FEL onto hood of tractor...

Tines-backstop.jpg

Also consider the smaller your debris is you may need more and closer together tines...

This is something salvaged from unknown machine as possibly a guard of some sort, but makes great "basket" for really small stuff like pine needles and oak leaves and shrub pruning's....

DSFEL-Basket.jpg

Last edited:
   / Home Made debris forks #4  
You looking to build or buy? Google "Clamp On Debris Forks Tractor" if you are buying, plenty of them out there. Mine are a bit longer than 2 feet (I need to cut them down).

Attachments

• Forks_attached.jpg
    Forks_attached.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 383
   / Home Made debris forks
Thanks for the replys. Some good stuff there.

/ Home Made debris forks #6  
I recently welded up my brush fork out of scrap metal. Tines are light 1-1/4" square tube, bed frame angle iron hooks over the bucket blade. Another full length angle is welded to the back end of the tines but is raised a little to catch on the back of the blade to prevent accidental pull-off and distribute load. Two bolts push up against the bottom near the front of the blade to keep the fork from lifting on the front until you need to remove it. I can add another photo or two when I take it off this week.

Attachments

• CCYBrushForks.jpg
    CCYBrushForks.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 230
   / Home Made debris forks #7  
good work on the design & workmanship for the attachment. realize for heavier work, your pallet forks would be more appropriate. having said that, at least for my setup, the times wouldn't last long with any kind of trunk/limb work. it's always good to know our limitations. overall, looks good, best regards

/ Home Made debris forks #8  
Here's the underside view of my simple brush fork. If a disclaimer is really needed... "do not use to lift heavy objects like tree trunks". Then again that's not what pallet forks are for either.

Attachments

• CCYBrushForks2.jpg
    CCYBrushForks2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 221
   / Home Made debris forks #9  
All good useful tools..
My thought and the sketch I have in my "Good Idea" notebook is to make a sort of bridge.. This to slip over the forks of my pallet fork attachment on the FEL...

This to give the set up as much strength as needed and easily slip on and off.. Anchored with a short chain and bolt.. Easy on, easy off...

All this next summer when I get my back side in gear.. And it is warmer..

/ Home Made debris forks #10  
Here's the underside view of my simple brush fork. If a disclaimer is really needed... "do not use to lift heavy objects like tree trunks". Then again that's not what pallet forks are for either.
That's a real smart design that uses that lip on your bucket, props dude!