3-Point Hitch Help removing a King Kutter rotary cutter

/ Help removing a King Kutter rotary cutter #1  

DonHite

Tractor
LS XG 3135H
I have a LS XG 3135H XG3025 tractor. When it was delivered it had a King Kutter rotary cutter that I bought on it. I also bought a hay spear for it that was delivered as well. Now I need to take the cutter off and put the hay spear on. However since this is the first time I owned a tractor I am struggling getting it off. I only found one video on removal: How to Take a Brush Hog off a Tractor - YouTube however the tractor here is not like mine. I have the cutter all the way down on the ground. I took off the PTO and took off the upper link. I pulled the pins on both lower links but cannot get them to pull off. What an I missing? Thanks in advance, Don

/ Help removing a King Kutter rotary cutter #2  
Did you get it off yet?

/ Help removing a King Kutter rotary cutter #3  
Any luck yet?
Do you have a picture?

/ Help removing a King Kutter rotary cutter #4  
Did you release / loosen the lower arm stabilizers? That would allow them to move off the pins. If it has been sitting outside for a while, there might be a bit of rust preventing them from sliding off. Could be as simple as the weight of the mower pushing against the pins / arms.

Good luck, let us know how you made out... or should I say OFF...

/ Help removing a King Kutter rotary cutter #5  
Make sure mower is completely lowered to ground. Remove lower link pins!! Raise the 3pt hitch just a touch. Not enough to lift the mower. Take a block of 2x4 about 2 feet long in non dominant hand and a 2lb sledge in dominant hand. Hold the block flat side against the inside of the lower link. Give the 2x4 a good whack with the little sledge and drive the arm off the pin.

Last edited:
   / Help removing a King Kutter rotary cutter #6  
Ar the lower links maxed out in their downward movement? Can you raise the lower links (& the cutter) and slide like a 4x4 under it? Then lower the links.

/ Help removing a King Kutter rotary cutter
Thank you everyone for your replies. It is dark here now so I will try again in the morning and keep you posted. I will attach a picture if I am still having trouble. Thanks again, Don

/ Help removing a King Kutter rotary cutter #8  
I'm guessing you can't get it off because you can't separate the lower 3pt arms enough. You need to pull the pins on the 3pt stabilizer bars (gold colored bars connected to the lower arms. See arrow in photo below.

LS 3-pt.jpg

/ Help removing a King Kutter rotary cutter #9  
See the video at 2:34

/ Help removing a King Kutter rotary cutter #10  
I would definitely recommend that you get a 3 pt quick hitch. It will make using 3 pt implements so much easier and eliminate the strain on your back. Harbor Freight carries them and you can usually get one on sale (or with a coupon) for $78-$89.

As for the mower, I lower the mower on to cinder blocks (one at each corner of the mower) when I take it off. Keeps it off the ground and makes hooking it up and taking it off even easier.Screenshot_20200329-060009_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg