Help Please!Please!

/ Help Please!Please! #11  
Gordon, that's just how hot it's been - I've been wearing my Tilley hat the whole time. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ Help Please!Please! #12  
Not only blazing hot but 110% humidity to boot. What exactly is a Tilley hat? I wear a ballcap./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Help Please!Please! #13  
Michael, I have a geared tractor that I bought this past December. I have used the hell out of it. When I first got it I thought I may have made a mistake by not getting a smaller tractor with the hst option. Now, after lots of hours in the seat I am very happy with the gears (5400 with gears..that was the only way it came). BUT if you have the option of gears, gst, or hst you are crazy if you don't go with hst. The hydros are faster and easier than anything else out there. The day the M series comes out with a hst option is the day I trade in my tractor. Go hydro, Michael. Also went with the Kubota loader. I have used it very hard with out any problems.

/ Help Please!Please! #14  
Mark, I also want to say congratulations on Poster of the Month. Thanks for all the answers to all the questions. A well deserved honor.

Also want to thank the other main stays for all the help. Y'all make this a great board!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BillC on 6/23/00 06:26 AM.</FONT></P>

/ Help Please!Please! #15  
Well stated Billc. Nothing at all wrong with gears, shuttle shift has made them so easy to use. On some tractors, I'll leave their names out so that you can figure out that I'm talking about blue and green ones, the HST is not nearly as smooth or quiet as the HST on the Kubotas. In that respect, the gear tractors may have an advantage over HST with the nameless, brands that are green and blue. But with Kubota, when HST is available, I would most definitely go for it. Ease of use for beginners, safety for all, and the speed loader advantage make it a must. Rat...

/ Help Please!Please! #16  
Rat,

I keep hearing about how the Kubota hydro is better, but before I bought I drove Kubota and New Holland and couldn't tell a difference in either hydro. I drove the B7300, B1700 and TC18! Maybe I was way too novice to tell the difference. I really enjoy how my TC operates, hydro and all. Am I missing something here?

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Help Please!Please! #17  
Hi Bill,

Yeah, you are the one that gave me a lot of information before I bought the M6800SD. The full synchronized transmission on the 2000 models is really nice. Never drove a tractor with a sync gearbox or shuttle on the dash before. Really first class. I have had a couple of instances where a hydro would be nice, but a creeper gear would have been just as good. Digging ditches with a rear blade, I needed a slower gear than 1st. I doubt that hydros will be available in the larger tractors anytime soon. They definitely have advantages, but the old gears have some advantages over the hydro, too. Had a good laugh when I found out that the cruise control on one tractor was simply a hand throttle that was released by applying the brakes (on a hydro). /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif For some reason, I thought they were actually maintaining constant ground speed.

The 5400 and 6800 tractors are almost identical in WB and frame size (within a few inches) and are tough compact size tractors with a lot of power. Thanks again for all the input as I am very pleased with the tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Help Please!Please! #18  
JimBinMI, I thought everyone knew the Kubota was better (except you, of course)./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif To tell the truth, though, the only New Holland I've driven is my cousin's TC29D and I didn't notice any difference.

Bird

/ Help Please!Please! #19  
Wen, are you making fun of my cruise control?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif To be fair to Kubota, though, the manual calls it a "speed set device"; not a "cruise control" as we sometimes call it./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Help Please!Please! #20  
Bird,

I've always liked that quality in you, refreshingly HONEST! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!