Hard starting 2400H - lift pump failing?

/ Hard starting 2400H - lift pump failing?
Starting update: I was reading articles on different injector cleaners options and ran across multiple posts on filling fuel filter with sea foam both to help prime and clean system. So Sunday I removed filter bowl and filled with sea foam. Started right up zero sputtering, minimal smoke. Ran it for around 2 hours anywhere from idle to full throttle, heavy load to little load tilling my garden and doing winter to summer implement shuttle.

Monday tried stating again it sputtered less but still missed on one cylinder for a few seconds.

Is the sea foam more volatile than diesel fuel so would be less prone to missing if injector is not spraying properly?

Heading into spring planting season so might be a couple weeks before get back to looking at this.

/ Hard starting 2400H - lift pump failing? #42  
I think you are on the right track. I suspect an issue with number 2 injector. The sea foam probably did help and may do better with another treatment.

Got rained out doing field work so took time to replace factory filter with a Parker/Raycor and saw little to bo change in how it starts after sitting for a period of time. Tried electric lift pump with new filter and again no noticeable change.

Tried cracking fitting on each injector while sitting at approx 1200 RPM and was very noticeable change in sound with each line so to me confirms firing on cylinders once running.

Going to run a tank or two of treated fuel through it and then make decision do I pull and swap injectors to see if problem follows injector. If not then I have more diagnosing to do…

/ Hard starting 2400H - lift pump failing? #44  
This might sound to simple, but have you drained the fuel tank and put in fresh diesel along with a new fuel filter.
Maybe you have contaminated fuel or water in the fuel tank.
I always look at the simple fixes first, and it sounds like you have a fuel or air leaking problem.

This might sound to simple, but have you drained the fuel tank and put in fresh diesel along with a new fuel filter.
Maybe you have contaminated fuel or water in the fuel tank.
I always look at the simple fixes first, and it sounds like you have a fuel or air leaking problem.
Yes, I have totally replaced original filter since was concern about the pressed in fittings leaking.

/ Hard starting 2400H - lift pump failing? #46  
Did you drain the tank first, THEN change the fuel filter?
If not, the bad fuel (if its bad) also contaminated the new filter.... which wont let the fuel get past it enough to let it run smooth.
Sea foam is thinner than diesel fuel, so it will most likely make it run smooth until it runs out.