GX 54 No Start

/ GX 54 No Start #1  

GTSRider

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 3000
Now going on 1 month of no start....checked every safety switch except the blade switch, because I can not find it . This model has the yellow blade switch on off knob, but where is the blade safety switch for this ? All other safety switches test good . Machine died 5 minutes into mowing. How can I get this 200 hr machine to run again ?

/ GX 54 No Start #2  
I don't own one of these but have operated a couple and as I recall the yellow switch next to key is for pto. Is the pto switch what you are refering to as "blade switch"? If so,the safty feature to prevent starter engagement (cranking) while pto is on is likly built in with pto on/off. If you savvy spst,spdt,dpst and so on this will be simple,otherwise look up and familiarize yourself with the way a spdt works. If i'm correct when you look at back of switch there will be 3 studs for wire connections. There should be one stud with + battery power,one with wire leading to key switch (load 1) one with wire leading to pto clutch (load 2). While tractor is parked not in operation and pto in off position,connection is made between battery and load 1,battery to load 2 is open. "IF" pto is on,bat to L2 is closed and bat to L1 is open,therefore starter will not engage. "IF" the pto switch go's bad,bat to L1 fail's to make and results in no starter when key is turned to start. Once studs are exposed testing with multimeter take's less time than to read this. Good luck,come back to let us know if this was the problem in case someone else has same problem. BTW,a spdt switch from auto parts store will cost less and work just fine. Just be sure amp rating (marked on switch housing) is equal to or greater.

/ GX 54 No Start #3  
Now going on 1 month of no start....checked every safety switch except the blade switch, because I can not find it . This model has the yellow blade switch on off knob, but where is the blade safety switch for this ? All other safety switches test good . Machine died 5 minutes into mowing. How can I get this 200 hr machine to run again ?
Your post is not clear. Are you saying that the engine cranks but does not start?

Or is it that the engine will not crank?

Just to make it clear, by crank, I mean that the starter spins the crankshaft/flywheel when you turn the on/off switch to the start position.

Richard

/ GX 54 No Start #4  
I work on a lot of mowers.
Safety switches are rarely the problem.

Your post does not clearly describe your problem.

/ GX 54 No Start
I have a 2017 Craftsman model 247.20447 riding tractor. It is the 26 hp electric steering model. It quit the other day after running only 5 minutes, and after checking several areas, I found it has no power coming through harness to switch. All fuses visually look good , but I must check with ohm meter. All safety switches check good. This model has the push/pull PTO blade switch on dash, but I can not find safety switch .... is it built into push/pull switch ? I believe power must come through all safety switches to get power to ignition switch..... so my thought is that problem is fuse, or safety switch. Final question ....where can I get a wiring diagram for this tractor ? Tractor has 200 hr.s on it.....Thanks.
An_KOWvmE8xXhWbKcEDamiAQ14ZKS7T_w5aOTf-M8Krv4ls-f63eecRjpMEIRfwoMQw0XjeM4Q2PKoqtUSQc0_q66s2ahAGa0OTb.svg

4 Answers

Answer

/ GX 54 No Start
I don't own one of these but have operated a couple and as I recall the yellow switch next to key is for pto. Is the pto switch what you are refering to as "blade switch"? If so,the safty feature to prevent starter engagement (cranking) while pto is on is likly built in with pto on/off. If you savvy spst,spdt,dpst and so on this will be simple,otherwise look up and familiarize yourself with the way a spdt works. If i'm correct when you look at back of switch there will be 3 studs for wire connections. There should be one stud with + battery power,one with wire leading to key switch (load 1) one with wire leading to pto clutch (load 2). While tractor is parked not in operation and pto in off position,connection is made between battery and load 1,battery to load 2 is open. "IF" pto is on,bat to L2 is closed and bat to L1 is open,therefore starter will not engage. "IF" the pto switch go's bad,bat to L1 fail's to make and results in no starter when key is turned to start. Once studs are exposed testing with multimeter take's less time than to read this. Good luck,come back to let us know if this was the problem in case someone else has same problem. BTW,a spdt switch from auto parts store will cost less and work just fine. Just be sure amp rating (marked on switch housing) is equal to or greater.
J ...thanks for your reply...have tested PTO switch with meter, and passes all tests....I will check all fuses with multimeter, because visually , they look ok. Others have said to check for corrosive ground wires.

/ GX 54 No Start #8  
If you look on the Sears websites you'll probably find that manual for it. The owners manuals for Sears usually put the wiring diagrams in there too.