Green,YM240D

/ Green,YM240D #1  

emdog

Here's the umpteenth 3-pt question: I decided to connect my ARPS 80 backhoe, has its own hydro pump, to my 240D with ~100lbs diff in spec'd weights; The 80 is less than the 240D's limit, but it simply won't lift it. I've had a 6' brush hog on and it lifts it. Checked/cleaned the screen and changed the fluid, nada, and it just deadheads but no cavitation sounds. Taking off the bucket is -100lb. I know that my front loader bucket will slowly leak down even when running, and the whole loader will leak down when off for x hrs. Part of the problem, asking too much of the 240, or can the lift limit be adjusted?
Thx

/ Green,YM240D #2  
Here's the umpteenth 3-pt question: I decided to connect my ARPS 80 backhoe, has its own hydro pump, to my 240D with ~100lbs diff in spec'd weights; The 80 is less than the 240D's limit, but it simply won't lift it. I've had a 6' brush hog on and it lifts it. Checked/cleaned the screen and changed the fluid, nada, and it just deadheads but no cavitation sounds. Taking off the bucket is -100lb. I know that my front loader bucket will slowly leak down even when running, and the whole loader will leak down when off for x hrs. Part of the problem, asking too much of the 240, or can the lift limit be adjusted?
Thx
Does the YM240 have a sub-frame? Recently, a YM336 cracked it's bell housing due to the BH loading and twisting. It didn't have the sub-frame. It's possible something is twisting, binding and there is really no power to lift. This can be dangerous as the tractor can literally twist or snap in half.

It would of been better to ask in the Yanmar section where there are plenty of others with the same setup. And the YM240 is really the YM2000 in the Gray Market machines.

/ Green,YM240D #3  
Thx
Oh, one important question, what hydraulic fluid are you using? The wrong fluid will not lift heavy loads.

Only these JDM J20C fluids work.

TF500A=J20C_.jpg

10-05-21.jpg

/ Green,YM240D #6  
The critical subframe is the one that supports the FEL. A normal subframe is made of a rail on each side that is heavy enough to support the loader uprights. The rails bolt to the engine block on one end - NOT to the bell housing - and the aft ends of the rails bolt to the sides of the rear axle housing.

The loader is bolted to the subframe, and it carries all the loader weight. That way the loader cannot twist or break the back of the tractor.... when that happens, it is usually the bell housing that gives out.

Some backhoes also have subframes so they don't tear up the 3pt and axle housing. Even a tiny backhoe really puts a lot of stress on the back of a tractor. We had the smallest Backhoe that Yanmar made with it's own PTO pump and fluid reservoir. We ran it on the back of our Ag tractor that had a very heavy Category II 3pt hitch.... that tractor could take the stress, but the backhoe still threw it around more than you'd expect it would.

Be especially careful with your YM240D to disable the draft control before operating the hoe. Draft control with a 3pt hoe is very dangerous and has killed a lot of farm kids. Ours nearly got me - a real close call. Working on the hoe, I dived sideways off the BH seat just half a second before the BH controls smashed through the back of the tractor seat. Disable the draft control & it can't happen.
Luck,
rScotty