Great work "poster"

/ Great work "poster" #81  
I'd say working at McDonalds is a pretty harsh penalty. Lol.
But seriously, the taxpayer shells out 100’s of thousands to send a kid to college 4 years? It is a big risk with taxpayer money.
Many go on to never use that degree. Thats one reason why government should stay out of higher education loans.

/ Great work "poster" #83  
The whole service industry is in a need of a reset.

Remember - Those people working today, will be taking care of you tomorrow.

/ Great work "poster" #85  
The GI Bill was a good investment - boosted our economy.

/ Great work "poster" #86  
If you want a good laugh, before the federal government took over education and developed the Department of Education in 1980. We were number one in the world in education. See where we stand now. It's not good.

More money does not equal better education.

The amount of money wasted on no child left behind was crazy. It lifted up the bottom marginally, but it also kept the best and brightest from greater potential.

We need to bring back academic rigors and it can't be means tested by racial equity. Catering to the lowest common denominator in education is dumb.

/ Great work "poster" #88  
Many go on to never use that degree. Thats one reason why government should stay out of higher education loans.
Plenty of reasons why government should not subsidize or guarantee college loans.

/ Great work "poster" #89  
Tie government loans to government/public service jobs for a period.

People change through time. What one goes to school for is irrelevant to career choices down the line of time.

/ Great work "poster" #90  
These wages these days are a shock to my system.
My first ever job while in high school, was working at a gas station, Sunday’s only, 12 hour days at $1.25 an hour.
My friends would come in for a free windshield cleaning before heading to “buck nite” at the drive in theater.
Never bought anything, as we weren’t the cheapest station in town.

The vineyard crew I have, makes considerably more in 1 hour, as I made in a whole day back then.
Not complaining, just musing, time marches on.