Grapple on 3pt....

/ Grapple on 3pt.... #1  

SteelMastiff

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland Powerstar 75
I finally got around to getting my Grapple mounted on my three point, it'll be nice to have it as an option while land clearing for our home build. Hopefully some of you will enjoy the content, I'm not a pro youtuber, but I do enjoy making videos of implements and tractors at work... Give it a look when you find time, follow along if you'd like, plan is to hopefully catalog the equipment that is making it possible, and soon, the home build itself, that should be fun, I'm not a builder...:unsure: Enjoy!!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

/ Grapple on 3pt.... #2  
Very interesting Looks good

/ Grapple on 3pt.... #3  
Now that is a grapple! That can pick up some serious loads.

I'd like a smaller version of that for a SCUT/CUT. I'd prefer that over a grapple on the FEL.

/ Grapple on 3pt....
Now that is a grapple! That can pick up some serious loads.

I'd like a smaller version of that for a SCUT/CUT. I'd prefer that over a grapple on the FEL.
I haven't put it to work yet, but I can see some advantages to the grapple being on the 3pt, visibility being one, should you be doing something technical, not that a Grapple and being gentle are part of the conversation...😁

/ Grapple on 3pt.... #6  
Good idea. (y)
I think the rear grapple can do a harder job than when mounted on a FEL. It affects the tractor less negatively, because its rear axle is stronger than the front one. Of course, you can't lift the load high, that's the cons. It might be good for moving bigger boulders out of the meadow, moving bigger logs... I was considering installing one on my heavy duty 3 pt bucket, and still consider...

/ Grapple on 3pt.... #7  
I use my post puller on my 3 point to pull up small trees. We have two tractors but only one has FEL. I bought 3point to quick attach adapter and use the grapple on the smaller tractor as a nimble brush mover.

/ Grapple on 3pt.... #8  
I use my post puller on my 3 point to pull up small trees. We have two tractors but only one has FEL. I bought 3point to quick attach adapter and use the grapple on the smaller tractor as a nimble brush mover.
I also use my 3pt trailer mover to do that too.

I put the hook hitch on and use some chains. Push the lever and out comes the tree, even on a BX2200. I then cut the roots with a set of shears and drag the loose tree out to the pile.

I've used it yank small Christmas trees before cutting the midsection. This way no stump.

/ Grapple on 3pt.... #10  
Interesting! With it open it sure protects the back end of the tractor. Just be careful of the branches poking through. Nice!