Buying Advice Advice on mowing sloped, rough terrain ("ride on brushcutters")

/ Advice on mowing sloped, rough terrain ("ride on brushcutters") #61  
I bought a used Steiner 420 with the Onan engine. It's a 1994 model and I bought it about 20 years ago now. It's been very reliable and Henry Hartman in Hanover is my servicing dealer for the things I can't and won't do on it (Hydraulic fluid exchanges as they have a special machine and the hose maintenance on it as I won't touch that part of the system) . It's a little "billy goat" I've found. A heck of a machine. I have the 48" mower deck (I rarely use due to also having two Simplicity ZTR's which are better and faster for grass cutting. And even on my 30 degree slope behind the house the 61" Deck Simplicity Citation XL is great even sideways without issue as it's a very very heavy ZTR with real traction motors ZT3400's.) I also have the Steiner Full loader, a rotating brush for snow use on my 350ft driveway and a power blower which will blow the leaves into the next township (truthfully it's just next door anyway). These machines are built tough and a used one with reasonable hours is cost effective I found.

Just used mine all day today for the mulching job applying the stuff on 3 sides of the house here. Makes a PIA job easy.

/ Advice on mowing sloped, rough terrain ("ride on brushcutters") #62  
BCS is amazing at steep slopes with obstacles. The new Hydro units are much easier to operate too. If you are in good shape and like to walk, or need to get in shape and walk... BCS is the answer.