Grapple off a rear remote?

/ Grapple off a rear remote? #1  

lxmeier

Tractor
Mahindra 3616
Hi all. I have a grapple which i run off a W.R. long third function switch. Works great. My brother has a slightly larger tractor with a rear remote. He occasionally borrows my tractor to do light grapple work. Can he operate the grapple off his rear remote? It would reduce tractor transport and leave my mahindra at my place if it is not going to harm the grapple. Thanks

/ Grapple off a rear remote? #2  
Yes, it will work just fine, it's just not very user friendly as it requires moving the hand from the joystick but it's not that big of deal either.

He will also need two long hoses and a couple of quick disconnects so the lines reach the grapple up front.

Last edited:
   / Grapple off a rear remote?
Yes, it will work just fine, it's just not very user friendly as it requires moving the hand from the joystick but it's not that big of deal either.

He will also need two long hoses and a couple of quick disconnects so the lines reach the grapple up front.
Thank you. I know it will be less convenient, but he doesnt use it that much. If he becomes fond of it he can add a 3rd function.

/ Grapple off a rear remote? #4  
Rear remote is how I run mine

/ Grapple off a rear remote? #5  
I also ran mine with the rear remotes on the Kubota.

/ Grapple off a rear remote? #6  
Used rear remote on 80’s Kubota M5030 for 3rd function. It had good placement of remote lever. Advantage of controlling flow and detent valve. Welded on several two line hydraulic hose clamps to rear fender, loader boom and torque tube to secure the lines. Sheathed lines in nylon guard sock to prevent rub wear. No problems for over twenty years. Surplus Center a good source for long lines and clamps.

/ Grapple off a rear remote? #7  
Ditto; I stopped using my 3rd function and replaced it with the rear remote so I could control the speed and force of the grapple.

/ Grapple off a rear remote? #8  
I use a rear remote on my JD 2030. The remote has detents for both open and close. I just move the lever to detent and let it open or close. If I want more control closing, I use the lever, but stay out of detent.

/ Grapple off a rear remote?
Wow. Thanks everyone for your replies. You have been very helpful. I think this will be a good solution for the occasional use my brother makes of the grapple on his tractor and keeps mine at home.

/ Grapple off a rear remote? #10  
Thank you. I know it will be less convenient, but he doesnt use it that much. If he becomes fond of it he can add a 3rd function.
"If he becomes fond of it", you may not get it back! The grapple, that is.