Grapple ideas and how are these companies?

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #41  
Thanks for all the inputs so far. I am mainly looking at the Virnig V30 because it looks well built and strong enough to handle my 2 tractors (22hp and 55hp. 1200 & 3000 lb loader capacity perspectively). My main use is to rake/grab/move underbrush, old discarded logs, junk and yard debris.

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies?
Your loader does not have much lift capacity. Think about that when looking at options.

Not a problem with brush but logs can get heavy. A 16" 12 foot long oak will weigh about 1000 lbs. Your loader can lift about 1200 lbs.
Good point. This is now my number one concern. I have narrowed my purchase down for a long bottom grapple. I am 80% with the Virnig SGV30 CT in 54" or 60" (305/320 pounds) or the EA 54" root grapple. (400 pounds). The Virnig is 1/4" steel and EA is 3/8" steel, grade 50. I think the EA lids are closer to the outsides which I prefer. But at almost 100 pounds difference...that is putting the Virnig up front.

Thanks to this forum I have switched from where I started with a root rake grapple, to now a long bottom grapple more conducive for logs and firewood.

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies?

That data is not accurate for my tractor. But the point is well taken. With a compact tractor like the L3901, my lift capacity can be greatly effected by the weight of the grapple. I have a midsota 14" dump that I need to dump over the sides. So getting stuff up to a decent height is a valid consideration.

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #44  
Good point. This is now my number one concern. I have narrowed my purchase down for a long bottom grapple. I am 80% with the Virnig SGV30 CT in 54" or 60" (305/320 pounds) or the EA 54" root grapple. (400 pounds). The Virnig is 1/4" steel and EA is 3/8" steel, grade 50. I think the EA lids are closer to the outsides which I prefer. But at almost 100 pounds difference...that is putting the Virnig up front.

Thanks to this forum I have switched from where I started with a root rake grapple, to now a long bottom grapple more conducive for logs and firewood.
I would also go with the lighter one or get a skinnier grapple. 100lbs may not sound like alot but its 1/3 more weight of the 300lb one. That's quite a bit.

For things like firewood logs and brush the lid width really dosnt matter much as generaly the stuff is going to hang outside the grapple. Owning a 3/4 lid grapple with really only 3 teeth on the lid I cant see where the lid design matter all that much. How ever I can see where the lower teeth and number of teeth matter.

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #45  
I would also go with the lighter one or get a skinnier grapple. 100lbs may not sound like alot but its 1/3 more weight of the 300lb one. That's quite a bit.

For things like firewood logs and brush the lid width really dosnt matter much as generaly the stuff is going to hang outside the grapple. Owning a 3/4 lid grapple with really only 3 teeth on the lid I cant see where the lid design matter all that much. How ever I can see where the lower teeth and number of teeth matter.
Everything is a trade-off. 1/3 more weight , but 50%+ more strength. So, the purchaser needs to determine if they are more likely to need another 100lbs lifted to a specific height, or more likely to 'tweak' their grapple. I'm solving the problem by getting a tractor that can lift considerably more weight. I'm more likely to damage the grapple than need another 100 lbs. YMMV.

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #46  
Torvy is right. It's a trade off. My sgc 1072 is 450lbs and 6' wide and perfect for gathering brush and sticks and will pick up more tree than my loader will handle. I love it.

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #47  
This is a thread about grapples. Please take the off topic stuff to private messages. Thanks.

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #48  
This is a thread about grapples. Please take the off topic stuff to private messages. Thanks.
I didn't see any 'off post stuff. What did I fail to read?

/ Grapple ideas and how are these companies? #50  
I mean, you coulda left the pertinent half of my post in place. :)

I'll post it again because I'm still thrilled with my MTL grapple. It's every bit as good as the other ones but for literally only half the price.