Grapple Grabbed / Grabbing a Grapple

/ Grabbed / Grabbing a Grapple #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
Ordered a Homestead Implements 72" Pinnacle Grapple - and I'm thrilled with the process so far. I know nobody likes sending money (and these amounts) somewhere and then just waiting... but they were right upfront on their site they said 8-10 weeks. Ordered it on Sunday. Monday am at like 8:45 I got my first email - confirming the order and asking me to confirm coupler arrangement for my loader. Good back and forth with the guy at Homestead. Then I got my second person emailing later in the day - giving me an estimated ship date of last week in August AND asking me to validate my shipping / freight choices.

So far - super impressed with their communication and clarity of expectations.

I went back and forth between choosing Homestead and another "more popular" brand - so far, very glad I went with my gut. Also got to see one locally (smaller 55" I think it was) and the thing is freaking STOUT! Also saw a Landpride locally - and while nice and super solid too - I really like the little serrations on some for grabbing things and the Landpride is missing those (and of course this is the one I could get like almost now).

Anyhow - looking forward to having one - been something I have thought about for many years!

(and of course i got it in orange to match the L4760 it's going on)

Last edited:
   / Grabbed / Grabbing a Grapple #2  
Good news - fish. What will you be using to activate the grapple. I had the Kubota dealer instal a WR Long 3rd function kit. ALSO - consider modifying your OEM grill guard. Stobs, limbs, sticks and crap will find ways to damage your grill, battery and radiator. This is my modified grill guard.

IMG_0016.jpeg

/ Grabbed / Grabbing a Grapple
Nice grill there @oosik - I think I'll do something similar with mine.

Have a Kubota 3rd function kit inbound to the dealer right now. (also using that as an excuse to add a rear remote for the toplink - which is unrelated)

Got a lot of trees on our 35 acres that bit the dust with the emerald ash borer here - they are all standing deadwood right now. Will be coming down either by nature or me - so having the grapple will be a serious back saver. Also have wile rose that grows fast everywhere - which I'm looking forward to ripping out with the grapple as well. Lots of other uses - but the amount of tree work in the next few years is what prompted the decision. I have been considering one for years but could never justify it!

/ Grabbed / Grabbing a Grapple #4  
With 35 acres of trees to clean-up - I wouldn't even give the purchase of a grapple a second thought. Just reading your post about the clean-up makes my 'ol back ache. You will find that new grapple to be a real life-saver. Good luck - have fun.

/ Grabbed / Grabbing a Grapple #5  
Have similar loss of ash and plenty of invasive invaders. You’ll love the grapple!

Careful with standing dead trees as they are wildly unpredictable. I have had several limbs come down on my canopy that I never saw in my wood lot. We rarely get snow load pruning.

Front guard augmentation for grapple work is money well spent. See more fabricators offering nice bolt in options.

/ Grabbed / Grabbing a Grapple #6  
You have ample time to fab a grill guard before your grapple arrives. Given the way sticks poke everywhere in unpredictable ways, grill protection is mandatory unless you want to pay for a new radiator.

/ Grabbed / Grabbing a Grapple #7  
My grapple stays on my JD 2030 almost 100% of the time. It has to come off to remove the loader, which I do when I brush hog. I have a JD 245 loader. I've tried removing the loader with the grapple on. That does not work well to remove the loader or reinstall the loader. I found I have to switch to the bucket for loader R&R.