Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Got To Move Some Snow Today

/ Got To Move Some Snow Today #31  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> I've got that bolted on grill guard so I hope no problems with the battery! </font>

Is that part of the 419 loader or is the tractor grill different?

My neighbor has a newer 790 and I noticed his doesn't have the lateral float slots in the TPH lift links. Does yours? Did your 670? That's something I'd miss as I almost always have it in the float position now. Not as much gouging with whatever implement I have back there /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

Rather then try to describe it, I've got this link to my old post when I first got the 790.

Mine doesn't have the slots either. Just noticed that..in fact, I went to the tractor just now to see. The manual shows 'em, and how to use them.

Simple matter of replacing the lower link lift arms...but I'll wager they're expensive from Deere.

/ Got To Move Some Snow Today
Geesh, I've got a bad remembery, don't I!?! We even talked about your 419 loader before /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I do like those R4s on the 790, that's what my neighbor has.

I was surprised to see that Deere took away the lateral float. I never thought much of it until I was doing some landscape raking. Had a lot of gouging until I put it in float. What a difference. Now I use it with my bushhog and when the ground gets uneven the hog will ride up on it's rub-rails and not dig in as bad.

It was a cost reduction I'm sure. If you do change, you'll need the lower link pin parts as well (unless you run in float ALL the time). Come to think of it, you could probably have your current links milled out to slots if the metal is there. Hmmm...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif