Got asked to bid a very unusual project

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #241  
Can you post more pics of the pile (view from the bridge for example)

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project
1706539416063.jpeg

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #243  
I'm still curious about what is downstream based on the picture posted by Groundcover in post #116? I can't tell if there are reflections of buildings in the stream or if there are actually structures in the water downstream that have restricted the flow of water?

The work spot in your picture looks like a muck spot that a person might sink to their knees in.

A log raft like Mark Twain's characters might have built might be a more dependable work platform if it were on cables that could be positioned up river of the jam so you could ferry yourself and debris back and forth between the jam and the bank.

Once you start clearing the jam, looks like there would be no suitable base to set your ladder on.

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #245  
No access with cranes, trucks, equipment.
A guy walking out there with a rope, ladder, etc they are not going to say much.

Sorry for cornfusion.
Yep, it’s sometimes better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. 🤪

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #247  
Is the diameter of that long log sticking out about 12"?

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project
I'm still curious about what is downstream based on the picture posted by Groundcover in post #116? I can't tell if there are reflections of buildings in the stream or if there are actually structures in the water downstream that have restricted the flow of water?

The work spot in your picture looks like a muck spot that a person might sink to their knees in.

A log raft like Mark Twain's characters might have built might be a more dependable work platform if it were on cables that could be positioned up river of the jam so you could ferry yourself and debris back and forth between the jam and the bank.

Once you start clearing the jam, looks like there would be no suitable base to set your ladder on.
Downstream picture. The river splits into two smaller rivers to go around a large sandbar “island”. Much shallower, too.

1706550136133.jpeg

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #249  
I think I will be able to walk out, or climb down a ladder from RR bridge and begin cutting.

Honestly, my biggest concerns are
1. dropping saw in water
2. chains dulling quickly because of silt in logs.
You are going to die .