Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations

/ Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #1  

tommott77

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1430 Deutz, Kubota bx1880, CAT 301.7D mini ex
Hi all, happy thanksgiving. I got the last diesel powered 1430 (I’ll write a more detailed post on that in a bit) delivered to me along with an adapter plate I was planning on using for some pallets forks as it looks like the forks from Power trac are about $2000 overpriced.

Any recommendations on what pallet forks work best as far as fitting the adapter plate is concerned; various skid steer sizes, john deere, etc? Also with the 1430 would the 2000lb rated forks be pushing it? The place I got my last pallet forks from is having a black friday sale

Last edited:
   / Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #2  
I ended up buying a 3pt hitch to SSQA and welded in the PT adpt plate. My hyd hoses got chaffed on the top A portion, so I cut that off.
The adapter is the best think you can have as it opens the world up to you for all skid steer attachments, not just forks.
I would recommend getting a good set of forks. How good? Not sure how to answer that, but a good fork has the weight stamped into the side. I believe fork capacity is rated at the mid point of the fork, not lifting at the tip. So take that into consideration especially if you might get fork extensions in the future to handle light bulky stuff.

Attachments

• 000_0010.JPG
    000_0010.JPG
    738.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 000_0011.JPG
    000_0011.JPG
    693.6 KB · Views: 133
   / Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations
That’s far superior to my original idea, lol. Like how the weight sits on the adapter plate as opposed to some welds on a fork frame. Obviously like the idea of being able to utilize other ssqa attachments as well.

I’d love to utilize the same idea with another PT weld on plate and 3 point implements. Any recommendations on adapters to what best may make that work as well? Would welding a plate to a 3pt quick hitch be my best bet?

Last edited:
   / Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #4  
Did you get the show room model 1430? It seems weird to go in the showroom and see a green 1430 sitting there.

I’ll write up a more detailed post on the tractor itself over the weekend, but yes, it was the last diesel they had sold off the showroom floor. Had been waiting several month for it and they had gone back and forth on if it was already spoken for or not, so I was excited when I got the call it was available and mine.

I did hear that the new 1430 gas versions were green now. Not sure if the green has always been for the gas models or for differentiating between the smaller homeowner models and the commercial models or what. I also heard that it now has an impressive 37hp or something along those lines. They’re new price sheet lists it as only 990cc and with that kind of power out of that little displacement I would not expect commercial grade fuel efficiency or life expectancy out of the new gas models though

Last edited:
   / Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #6  
I 2nd the 3pt to ssqa approach. I've been happy enough with the forks I have from palletforks.com. (check their scratch and dent) If I bought again, I'd get adjustable width ones.

/ Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #7  
And now for a contrary opinion,... I have the PT adjustable forks, and they are tough, and reliable. For me, they just work.

For forks in particular, I think that it is worth keeping in mind how adding adapters to the Q/A plate lowers the overall load capacity. If you are only lifting light items, it would be no big deal, but I am pretty regularly up against the pucker load limit, usually with wood or full pallets of material.

All the best,

Peter

And now for a contrary opinion,... I have the PT adjustable forks, and they are tough, and reliable. For me, they just work.

For forks in particular, I think that it is worth keeping in mind how adding adapters to the Q/A plate lowers the overall load capacity. If you are only lifting light items, it would be no big deal, but I am pretty regularly up against the pucker load limit, usually with wood or full pallets of material.

All the best,

Peter
After sleeping on it and doing the math, lo, I think i’m back to original plan…. Kinda. I do want to keep the weight down as much as possible on the forks. $2600 for a set of forks is astronomically high and I found a set of lighter weight ssqa forks, in stock, reasonably close enough to me for $650. I already have the adapter plate as well.

I have now added to my plan to get two more adapter plates to make a ssqa like the M5040’s above and a 3 pt adapter as well. That way I have light weight forks, and the ability to run both ssqa and 3 pt attachments. Best of all 3 worlds.

Have others mounted a PT adapter plate to a 3pt quick attach setup? Any dos and don’ts? I know some 3pt quick attaches setups don’t alway work with all
implements so i’ll have to do some research as to which 3pt QA works the best with the most attachments.

/ Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #9  
I keep reading $2600.

For adjustable 1200# forks?

Yikes!!

I'd be hitting a used forklift dealer and making my own.

I keep reading $2600.

For adjustable 1200# forks?

Yikes!!

I'd be hitting a used forklift dealer and making my own.
Yeah, they need to double check their pricing lol. My 4 n 1 bucket was $2800 and they want $2600 for some light duty forks?!?