Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations

/ Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #21  
The 425 forks bend easily if abused. Ask me how I know! :p

But I love them for their unintended uses. Just last week I used the tooth bucket to remove about 2' x 6' of sod, then used the forks to loosen up the soil 3' down and pry out some roots. Then the large bucket to turn it over a few times, then planted yellow raspberries.

/ Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #22  
You’re right. Looking at the price sheet for the 425 it looks like it has same the 800# rating for the forks as its lift capacity.

The fact that they have what appear to be 4000# rated tines for their forks for the 1430 is telling me that the 2000# tines are probably too small for the 1430. Kinda what i figured, especially if somebody wants to use their forks for something they’re not intended for.
A local guy here uses his 50 hp skid loader with the forks attachment to break trees and limbs by binding them in-between the forks. So, manufactures probably keep in mind that people are going to use the forks for things they weren’t intended for. As a result, they probably build them to have a capacity far greater than they’re rating. I know with working high steel (iron working), a steel choker / sling is able to lift about 4 times as much as the rating before it breaks.

/ Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #23  
@MossRoad - YELLOW Raspberries? Interesting...we planted Purple Raspberries (a hybrid) that was described as "well behaved"

It was a LIE! :mad:

Fortunately the mini-hoe is good at breaking up roots and chopping them back into place.

/ Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #24  
Yep. They are called Fall Gold. My grandmother gave them to me back when we got married in 1985. I've given them away over the years. My patch got neglected, and I got a new bunch of starters from some friends that I have some to about 15 years ago. Hopefully they take.

They are very delicate berries, and you hardly ever see them in store because they do not pack and store well. One of those eat-it-now type berries. Makes great jam, too.

/ Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #26  
+1 on the yellow raspberries! That brings back wonderful memories. Thanks, and good luck.

All the best,

Peter

/ Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #27  
Gotcha! We grow these berries called "ground cherries" that are kinda the same way....you gotta get 'em when the gettin' is good, and they make AMAZING jam. That jam gets to be the little dot of filling on Christmas butter cookies. Yummmmm.

/ Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #28  
Just poking around Facebook Marketplace tonight....

DE19EE63-B0BA-4F13-953D-5948071D8D15.jpeg

/ Got a 1430, looking for pallet fork recommendations #30  
Ground cherries, aka poha, aka cape gooseberries, were a long standing jam as a kid. Yummy! But not a common plant in my experience. Grows like a weed, in the Midwest as I recall.

All the best,

Peter