Gooseneck or bumper pull?

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #131  
I have turned around in places with a gooseneck, no way could you turn around with a bumper pull.
Me too.

But I have also pulled off the road and into a driveway with a BP that there is no way you could with a GN.

But I think this horse has been beat

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #132  
I started a thread on the front porch that has not been approved as of yet but, be apprised that the FMCSA has initiated a new rule concerning anyone holding a CDL and that is, you MUST register with the FMCSA Clearinghouse by November of next year or your CDL will become invalid. Whatever state you got it in, don't matter

Not hard to fill out actually and the reason is, they want to check to make sure you have no violations that would preclude you from having a CDL and the database can be accessed by any employer.

I think they want to get the riff raff off the road actually and there are a ton of under qualified drivers out there today. All one has to do is watch 'Bonehead Truckers' on You Tube to see just how bad some are...lol

Website is: FMCSA.Clearinghouse.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #133  
Yesterday, I got under my F350 diesel and eyeballed the GN hitch plate and got news for every nay commenter.... THE HITCH HOLE WHERE THE BALL SCREWS IN IS CENTERED ABOVE THE PUMPKIN, not behind, not in front, directly in line with the centerline of the differential. It may be a fraction of an inch either way but it's very close. Keep in mind I have an 8 foot bed and a long wheelbase crew cab if that makes any difference.
It’s the center of the axle shaft that you need to look at.