Gooseneck or bumper pull?

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #111  
May be a bit late to the party, just saw this thread… I have both and it’s subjective and personal preference. If you haven’t purchased as yet, please take a look at Kaufman trailers, Kaufman Trailers | Equipment, Gooseneck, Car, Dump Trailers Just purchased a 16k GWR Flatbed bumper hitch. Added the Pop-Up cleated dovetail and it works great. Apples to apples, hands down the same or better quality than the Texas or Gator made. Seriously, do a price comparison, it was over $4k less than the Texas and $3800 less than the Gator. Hope I’m not too late but this may help someone else. Cheers
View attachment 798915
Did you go to their manufacturing plant in NC to pick it up? I am interested in one of their 16k tilt deck equipment trailers.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #112  
May be a bit late to the party, just saw this thread… I have both and it’s subjective and personal preference. If you haven’t purchased as yet, please take a look at Kaufman trailers, Kaufman Trailers | Equipment, Gooseneck, Car, Dump Trailers Just purchased a 16k GWR Flatbed bumper hitch. Added the Pop-Up cleated dovetail and it works great. Apples to apples, hands down the same or better quality than the Texas or Gator made. Seriously, do a price comparison, it was over $4k less than the Texas and $3800 less than the Gator. Hope I’m not too late but this may help someone else. Cheers
View attachment 798915
I would like to add that exact trailer to my existing Kaufman 38K GN. I‘d spec what you have with 8k’s and a split ramp gate. Maybe dual jacks if any $ left. lol

Last edited:
   / Gooseneck or bumper pull? #113  
If you can’t close the tailgate on 13-6’ lumber are you even trying? View attachment 795757
What is "close the tailgate"?

All you gotta do is tap it twice and repeat the magic words "that ain't going nowhere";)
ca8e8a75-82fe-4976-82f5-23f5edf56120-jpeg.745647

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #114  
Unless the trailer is under 10k, then the truck can be 26k.....meaning you can have 36k GCWR without a CDL
Doesn't the truck have to be tagged at 26k? So if you have 26k on the truck axles how do you get the 10k trailer without getting in trouble?

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #115  
What are you guys talking about 14k-16k on a bumper hitch? For real, Or do you mean frame hitch?

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #116  
What are you guys talking about 14k-16k on a bumper hitch? For real, Or do you mean frame hitch?

I would assume the factory receiver hitch. The new trucks with the 2.5" or even 3" are rated way up there.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #117  
No one means an actual bumper for crying out loud. Its the generic term for pulling something from BEHIND the bed and not IN the bed like a GN or 5th.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #118  
Some of these factory bumper pull ratings are getting a little “iffy” on pickups. I wouldn’t want to pull more than 20,000lbs off the bumper. Thats a lot of squat and a lot of stress.
Once you hit 20K, you should be using a GN.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #119  
Some of these factory bumper pull ratings are getting a little “iffy” on pickups. I wouldn’t want to pull more than 20,000lbs off the bumper. Thats a lot of squat and a lot of stress.
Agree. "modern" pickups though dont have much issue dragging around a 14k or 16k BP trailer though. Trucks have came along way since the 80's and 90's

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #120  
Truck’s capability is one thing, the drivers ability is something completely separate. Anyone can drive a straight line down the highway at 70mph…until something happens.