Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,763  
Watched this jet yesterday while working in the garden. I know teenagers like doing donuts in parking lots, but didn't know you could do it with jets.
20240502_172651.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,764  
Good Morning.
56° and mostly sunny. High about 66 for the day.

Yesterday’s trip to the derby was relatively uneventful. It was a zoo though. Has to park remotely and they took us to the FBO in a van. We had to hold, we were given an EFC (expect further clearance) time of an hour, but we only went around once, so we dodged a bullet there. The trip home was uneventful and no delays.
However, they weren’t kidding about the fees!
IMG_4282.jpg

Today I’m off to Columbia, SC where we will sit until 8:30 pm, so I’ll accomplish nothing around here, and there is plenty to keep me busy.

But I can’t complain, working 3 days a month won’t get me a lot of sympathy anyway.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,765  
Morning all, 56 going to 65 and see some sun.
Gonna feel chilly being under 80 degrees.

Got the weedwacker out and did some of the back area, went through 2 batteries and came in to start dinner.
Brush cutter wouldn't start, ordered new plug and filter, plug looked pretty bad, so hoping that is all, finicky Stihl.

Paint is here so need to finish garage ceiling. Get brushcutter tuned up and started.
Might get the tractor out and see if I can't move the tree I bucked before the rain makes it swampy back there again.

Still need to plant the peach tree, waiting for the 2 apple trees to arrive.

Need to keep working on back area so eventually it's just a run with the flail. The tree parts make that difficult right now :-(

be well,

look a new tree, nope just the very top of a dead ash leaning against another tree.
Will need to pull that down.
20240501_173809.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,766  
Good Morning,
Anna Maria Island, Fl. 72 going to 83 with another sunny day !

Sailing cruise was very nice, actually got to do some time at the helm !

I'm re-posting the pix of the 6 goslings taking their first steps. It was so fun to see that. btw, in the pix is the diesel tank, pump, and meter I recently scored for $200.
Plowhog, nice score on the tank and pump ! How many gallons ?

Phil, hope you have a quick recovery from the endoscopy! My wife has had that procedure !

Hope all have a good day ! 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_9220.jpeg
    IMG_9220.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
   / Good morning!!!! #189,767  
Plowhog, nice score on the tank and pump ! How many gallons ?
100 gallons. With 12V pump and meter for $200. A local company going out of business blew everything out. Full size pallet racking (complete) for $200 section. Indian backpack fire pumps $10 ea.

40F going to a windy 70F. We have SNOW forecast over the mountains this weekend. A bit unusual for early May. Glad I got my plants in the ground.

Yesterday the goslings, with mom and dad, made it to the neighbor pond and were swimming. They are pretty safe now-- the pond has an island so no coyotes out there. The other predator around here are redtail hawks-- but mom and dad are very vigilant.

Everyone have a great day and a great weekend!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,768  
Popgadget, may all your landings be smooth for a very very long time.
I think you have a retirement most of us would be delighted with.
You are surrounded by family, critters and tractors.

Ken, I'm an ok painter if you want some help. Don't forget to put your initials
on something for someone to discover a century from now. Garages will all be refit for EV hovermobiles.

I wonder if an ev charging station is becoming standard in new homes.
Too bad they don't have one that charges like your phone.
put it on garage floor and drive over it, and your Tesla is all charged without touching anything.

speaking of Teslas, Helo, you still out there?
I read there was a really modern railroad coming down through your area, right through Riga.
Big infrastructure project linking the three countries. Am assuming there was already some kind of railroad there, or
did they start from scratch?

makes you wonder if someone wanted to run a new railroad through part of the Texas ranch country, how they would
react to that. Or the Amish farmland. The US is so behind compared to Europe in modern transit. We just love our cars and highways and the freedom
that has always given us. But eminent domain is a really nasty word to most property owners.
For many folks, the land is priceless.

Particularly for the Native Americans.
part of their juju was and I think still is with the land.
far more than those who came to lay waste to it in the name of progress.

marvelous sailing pic Scott.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,769  
I know teenagers like doing donuts in parking lots, but didn't know you could do it with jets.
Most likely a hold for spacing prior to arrival and landing.

Are you still on track for a pup?

Our pup's mom came up with a nipple problem so they treated it and covered it up. She is now short one nipple compared to pups-- so the pups have to play musical chairs to feed. The breeder is excellent-- weighs the pups every day to make sure all are getting what they need. They have a 2nd mom and 2nd litter. If needed, mom from the other litter might be pressed into backup relief duty to let the pups from "our" litter nurse.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,770  
A little bit of discomfort swallowing this morning after yesterday's endoscopy.
Preliminary results were good. Testing is now pushed off to a three year cycle. Barring any bad results from biopsies testing. Need to stay on my diet and keep going on the meds. Good news for sure!
Glad for the good news! Hope everything continues to improve!