Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,711  
Drew, did you ever make headway with landlady as to garage man door? Possible to add your new green house to that point?
no, I've been vacillating around because I realized it wasn't her fault I put an electric garage door opener on the door.
She was happy to have it but not the cost of the door. So since I made this problem, I've been thinking how to high tech this but making
sure the battery backup on the unit works. I already replaced the battery with one a little larger, and so far it hasn't failed on me. Goes very slowly while on internal battery, caused because gfci outlet in garage trips. But I've been thinking of getting home after two months on the road and have to go through
that window. I'm already waiting on her to get the front screen door replaced; it ripped out at bottom where wood rotted out. Not a good design.
But I do think I might offer to pay half, see if she bites on that. It's going to require a building permit, township office just down the street.
so the door will cost three grand likely. It shouldn't but that's what gets charged around here.
That wall needs to be sawzalled, rebuilt and a new integrated door/frame put in.
First I have to find a carpenter, need to do this all myself and have a simple solution for landlady.
we get this and you pay this
simple

/ Good morning!!!! #189,712  
Someone said because of security concerns, and they supposedly report back home.
I recently purchased a Dahua camera. I can confirm this is true.

The default setting was for the camera to "report back" to the manufacturer what your IP address is and other information. No thanks. Except by the time you navigate to that screen, well .... it has already happened.

The camera also required allowing a "plugin" program (.exe file) to execute to configure the camera. This is a program it will run on your host PC. I did not allow that. Doing so is a huge security risk.

I removed the camera from my system. I will use it at some time in the future, but not until I have a complete quarantine system around it to prevent misbehavior. Too risky.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,713  
I recently purchased a Dahua camera. I can confirm this is true.

The default setting was for the camera to "report back" to the manufacturer what your IP address is and other information. No thanks. Except by the time you navigate to that screen, well .... it has already happened.

The camera also required allowing a "plugin" program (.exe file) to execute to configure the camera. This is a program it will run on your host PC. I did not allow that. Doing so is a huge security risk.

I removed the camera from my system. I will use it at some time in the future, but not until I have a complete quarantine system around it to prevent misbehavior. Too risky.
I'm setting up 2 more amcrest cameras right now. Same basic menu system as Dahua, but some newer choices over the older cameras. Have never seen a "report back" item on any screen, including when I have set up Dahua cameras (I have one I'll check). There is the P2P option, which is sending it out somewhere, if that's what you refer to.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,715  
Ahhhh... productive day.
The SO broke out her tractor and started cutting the back eight acre pasture.
I washed up the reclaimed barn wood and let the sun dry it. Will have to lay it out and start cutting in the AM.
Looks like grass cutting season has officially started.
20240501_135734.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,716  
Have never seen a "report back" item on any screen,
I did not find it at first-- only when I did a deep examination of every option and menu item did I find it. It was related to "remote support" ... ya sure.

btw Amcrest is a budget version of Dahua. Some people try buying the "lower end" Amcrest models then applying the Dahua firmware to get all the nicest features. Some succeed, but those who fail ruin their camera. Not my sort of thing to do ....

/ Good morning!!!! #189,717  
Gosling alert!

Here is a picture of the first steps of 6 goslings. These little guys hatched yesterday but mom sat on them for about 24 hours. Then, about 7am this morning, it was off to see the world!

Attachments

• Goslings6.jpg
    Goslings6.jpg
    780.9 KB · Views: 38
   / Good morning!!!! #189,718  
Good Afternoon,
In East Texas for the tiny tornado’s birthday. Getting ready to go tumbling this morning.
TBS, Happy Birthday to the Tiny Tornado ! I’m sure the tumbling will be an adventure! Have fun !

Mike, the grass looks great, happy mowing !

David, glad your feeling better ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #189,719  
Good (Thursday) morning. Overnight Low of 2.7C and it's presently 15.2C, partly cloudy & calm.

Not much on for today except for doing the hay round shifting task for a neighbour... and when I say 'neighbour', she's about a 15-20 minute tractor drive from me.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,720  
Just got home, saw lights flashing in the field below the house, then helicopter landed. Son looked it up, said a Zero Turn rolled around 8 pm, helicopter just left at 9. Initial report said he was fine and just needed help, but they flew him to Shock trauma. He is a volunteer fireman, lost his son in Iraq. Got a video of the helicopter taking off.

Last edited: