Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,261  
45F and cloudy @ 15:45, calling for a high of around 50F for the day.

LWS reports that the low here this morning was 36.5F ... so likely no frost ... (y)

But Frost Advisory issued again for tonight.

After reviewing the Utah State University document on frost/freeze damage for fruit trees we opted not to cover the peach tree.

https://extension.usu.edu/productionhort/files/CriticalTemperaturesFrostDamageFruitTrees.pdf

Collected up the jigsaw + the trigger plate and actuator rod for the live trap yesterday afternoon and headed up to the shop.

Used the jigsaw to cut up almost all of the plywood subfloor from the bath in the master bedroom. Think there is still 1 piece to go.

Burned that to warm up the shop, was 57F when I got up there ... was in the mid-70's within 30 - 45 minutes. Didn't even have to use the blower ... :giggle:

Got almost all of a 5 gallon bucket of wood scraps and some cardboard burnt as well but still lots to go.

Made trip back down to house to collect up my old glasses (to use when grinding) and the old battery operated B&D drill, batteries, and charger as the smaller corded drills in the shop appear to have given up the ghost.

Got actuator rod and trigger plate straightened out, found a piece of 28 gauge sheet metal to use to make the replacement trigger plate.

Did some cleaning and straightening up, still a long ways to go ... but probably have enough room to get either the Cub or Kubota in to work on them after I remove one item tomorrow.

Started cleaning off the spare set of mower blades for the Cub. Got the good set all cleaned off, set up the sharpening jig and got one of the blades sharpened.

By that time it around 21:00 and time for dinner so I called it a day and went back down to the house.

After dinner I modified the chains that the lights in the greenhouse hang from to get those a little closer to the seedlings.

The tomato seedlings that have survived are getting pretty good sized ... around 4" to 5" tall. Might need to repot those soon. One video I watched suggested waiting until the 2nd set of true leaves appear.

Plans for this afternoon/evening are to head back up to the shop, finish sharpening and balancing that spare set of blades for the Cub, cut out new trigger plate for the live trap + more straightening up and cleaning. Maybe do some transplanting later.

Hope everyone is having a decent Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #189,262  
Uhg. I had to stop mowing cuz baby birds dropping out of a tree and Momma frantically trying to tend to her babies and fend off the lawnmower...Warblers ~lol.
Suppose I'll finish tonight.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,263  
I am more of a "visual storyteller" :)

Had foundations of lamp posts delivered. Guy I normally call for those jobs have got new truck. I like the looks of that.
Just wondering, I Scania a thing in US ?
Here maybe 0,1 % are "long nose" trucks. American made Freighliner or similar we will not find on EU highways. Can't understand why.

Green little one is mine. Renault Kangoo.

View attachment 863573View attachment 863574View attachment 863575View attachment 863576

Here you can see that drawing (or draft ? ) board.
And how I got it up to second floor. (again - how do you count floors ? Like 1-2-3- .. or 0-1-2-.. ? Asking as here we have first, but for instance in Italy - second version)
Great looking truck. Unfortunately Scania is not sold in the US. Maybe in Canada? Volvo is more common here
Nice drafting board. Spent many hours with one of these in my early days. Designed a gear oil pump for the Professional Engineering license exam in California.

My dad had a long nosed Mercedes truck back in the day. Used it often when needed.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #189,265  
Shad is a type of fish we don't want to eat :cool:

shad is the worst fish in the world to eat, competes with carp
oily, strong and just full of bones
I remember a good recipe for shad.
First nail it to a fresh cut 1" thick maple shingle.
Flavor to taste (this can vary, I always use hot spices)
Slow cook in oven basting with a good sauce frequently.
After about an hour take the nail out, throw away the shad, eat the maple shingle.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,266  
42F clear sky.

Been good for outside getting done...side field edges rake clean from winter storms,last area rake clean just have to wait until snow melt where I shovel back into driveway before dragging driveway.

Plans for the evening...going watch movie and share bowl ice cream.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,267  
Good Evening Helo,
again - how do you count floors ? Like 1-2-3- .. or 0-1-2-.. ? Asking as here we have first, but for instance in Italy - second version)
First floor, ersten Boden

Second floor, zweiten Boden 😂😂

I think the other guys gave you an accurate answer!

Du willst nicht wasser kommst durch dein dach Uber dein zweiten boden!! 😂😀

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #189,269  
Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low of 7.3C and it's presently 21C, clear with a breeze.

'Scania' trucks/lorries are somewhat common down here in Aus.

Looks like a dhobi day with some preparations for ANZAC Day, on Thursday,... polishing shoes (RM Williams boots, actually) and such.

That's about it, take care all.