Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,241  
morning all, 47 going up to 54 and chilly, had to take in some plants.
Planted the tree, mowed some of the side lawns.

Then we took a trip up to Frenchtown after dropping the kid off in town for work.

Shadfest is going on, town was full.
May go today early to try and beat the crowds.

Feel better all, Drew sorry you had to cancel.

Be well,
Tree is in, had to remove old pine tree roots first, so took a little longer, but done.
20240420_144730.jpg

Frenchtown main drag, steel bridge in the background
20240420_163518.jpg

20240420_164330.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,243  
Frenchtown looks and sounds like a neat place. What the heck is Shadfest?
Shad is a type of fish we don't want to eat :cool:
Celebrates the return of the Shad to the river many years back, when the area was filled with artists.

We usually park on the PA side and walk the bridge to the NJ side as parking is a nightmare with all the tourists.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,247  
a little better, this is going to take another day, most of it in bed

shad is the worst fish in the world to eat, competes with carp
oily, strong and just full of bones

Frenchtown NJ is a lovely small river town with some nice shops

/ Good morning!!!! #189,248  
Drew, I hope that whatever you are eating stays in you and doesn't leave violently. Been there, done that. :(

Hose reel installed; My back and knees said that is enough of that for today. Bored the 1/2" holes with a masonry bit and installed the threaded rod with nuts and washers.

Attachments

• Hose reel installed.jpg
    Hose reel installed.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 36
   / Good morning!!!! #189,249  
Chilly today
Good worship, I led singing.
Good lunch, we had a visitor from MO here teaching a class at the Fire academy, so invited him to lunch with us.
I got out my turbocad last night to work on another cabin plan. Been awhile since I used it so forgot how to do things. Microstation is still my favorite CAD program. I used to teach it at local community college. Autocad is next favorite, but after they disabled my last version because they weren’t supporting it any longer, I refused to buy it again.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,250  
Shad is a type of fish we don't want to eat :cool:
Celebrates the return of the Shad to the river many years back, when the area was filled with artists.
That's what threw me. It sounds like fun. And we have some unusual festivals in Texas too, I guess. The Art Car Parade in Houston is one.

On April 21st we celebrate San Jacinto Day and the victory of Texican forces at San Jacinto over Santa Anna and the resulting Independence of Texas from Mexico. It's not a festival but a celebration and one of my many favorites.