Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,841  
good morning all
cooler windy morning, 47 going to 57 today with rain this morning.
lots of wind today, blustery.
Buppies, you had me looking at weather report, geez four nights in low 40's ahead, at least not 30's.

quiet day planned, then dinner tonight with 10 other gardeners for the small private school I'm involved with.
some of these ladies have forgotten more than I know, rattling off the latin for this and that.
I forget the names as soon as I buy them. I'm focused on color, not names, plus my memory is clearly getting worse anyway.

I made up a full tray of plants to take with me as party favors, including recently planted corkscrew toothache plants.
first time at one of these gardening parties, called another guy and made sure he was wearing jeans and not dressing up.
Have no idea how seriously these folks take themselves...

when I lived in NC I was the only guy actively gardening in a 60 person club. So I have some experience with this, pretty sure I will be cutting out
early because it will be too noisy in there with ten women yacking away. Should be interesting.

Bill, good luck with that tank. I think you are the last of us to still get snow
Thomas, we rake, we rake, we rake

darned wind keeps pruning and we keep picking up

/ Good morning!!!! #188,843  
54 outside this AM, heading to mid 60's.

Should be nice out according to the weather apps. But there is a serious big gray cloud bank over us right now with a clear demarcation line just to the north. That big dark cloud over me is so appropriate right now. I have to laugh.

Spent most of the day yesterday with lawyers and bankers. That's going to take a while to get over it.

Daughter is in Glacier, they found a hookup spot for her. Seems they have issues with spots and housing for their employees. They are trying to work it out. At least my daughter has a warm bed and a big dog.

Hope all have a great day today, be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,844  
Good Morning,
Sound Beach, LI. 46 to start going to 54 a bit windy again, with partly cloudy conditions!

Bill, thanks for explaining that process! Sounds a little painful with the blisters part but somewhat doable !

Then daisy chained the other three to the first one, took maybe all of half an hour. Should have done it months ago...
RNG, yes the daisy chain ability makes it much easier !!
Pindar -My ex girlfriend was in the owners class many years ago and when we showed up he gave us a private tour
Ken, very interesting, we enjoyed the tour, very informative!

Drew, I could just see you now cruising in that 62 Vette !

Today we go to Stonybrook for a bird watching hike ! Not exactly my cup of tea, but the girls should enjoy !

Dennis nice picture of you and your lovely wife !

Dinner out tonite !

Have a Great day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #188,845  
Pear trees are blooming. Might need to spray this year as had some kind of leaf spot last year and no pears.

View attachment 861993
What pear variety is that?
I have quite a few pear varieties and none of them look anything like yours. Mine have the typical 7 flowers maximum per cluster, and they don’t have such a red casing as yours in that photo

/ Good morning!!!! #188,847  
Good morning! 59˚F heading to the mid 80s with partly cloudy skies and a S wind.

Mostly, we play Hawaiian - guys against gals -guys won last night. Front yard is mowed, might get back yard if nothing else comes up.

PT was hard yesterday as a few new exercises were added. Kind of decided to have surgery after I see how easy right arm/shoulder is and how painful left is. But I have till Next month to think about it. (Next Dr. appt. is in May.) Meanwhile any PT will help speed along the after surgery recovery.

Nice day, may have to pick a trail and take a hike.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,848  
Virginia has a trade in program for certain pears (Callery) since they are considered invasive. I can attest to that since we have acreage going back to wild and those pears are dominating the landscape.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,849  
Would that be state or Federal?

Prayers for our team, especially those who are hurting.
Depends, the under penalty was federal thieves, state and federal done till next year.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,850  
1.05 inches of rain and I think the veggies are drowning and seriously unhappy at 45 degrees.
I may go sink some bean seeds down next to the plants already in, hedge my bets

Rip glad your daughter is plugged in and warm.

when covid was in full force and I had finally gotten out of the hospital and assisted living, the
rv campground I was in was about one third filled with traveling nurses.
Nurses are special people.