Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,052  
Good morning! 46˚F cloudy, heading to 70˚ as the N wind changes to the S.
The pollen was quenched Monday morning with a .8" rain. It should be dry enough today to do a few chores with the JD tractor at the gardens.
The trees and grass are really greening up this last week.
No frost in the 10 day forecast, I hope we have escaped the usual Easter time's last frost of Spring.

Hang in there Mostly.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,054  
good morning, 45 going to 51 rain stopped

Our geese couple is back for the summer so spring is coming

Scheduled the windshield replacement. Mobile service. Has rain wiper and heated windshield options

/ Good morning!!!! #188,055  
Good morning. We may be having Dogwood winter/ Easter cold snap. Overnight low was 34°.

After 30 years the 1 HP well pump in our 4" well died and we replaced the 33 year old bladder tank . We seem to have had some inflation over the last three decades 🙂 Well maintenance cost over the last 30 years on average $100 per year so no complaints there.

Next week I am to get the lens in the left eye removed and replaced.

Got a new 30 year roof last year and will replace most of the appliances this spring along with a hot water heater before my son moves off.

How time flies when one is having fun.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,057  
Good morning

Weather still "neutral" here. Heavy reins in forecast

Didnt check in here for a week. A lot happened. I would say - almost everything with "+"
Helogabals, I just found out I have a 4th cousin in Riga, Latvia. Is that anywhere near you? Last name is Solovjovs.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,058  
45F, damp, and partly cloudy @ 11:15, heading up to around 48F for the high.

Woman picked up a nice-looking cluster of tomatoes at the grocery the other day, made BLT's yesterday afternoon. I had a couple of those and after that decided to have a little nap ... ;)

Got up around 22:00 and got house plants all watered, hibiscus, amaryllis, and banana tree all doing well.

Woman's elephant ear seems to have an issue where it puts out new leaves which then don't last all that long (couple of days) and proceed to shrivel up and die. Woman says She read it might just be a bad bulb. Soil seemed very dry yesterday when I went to water it so I will monitor it a little closer.

Also got a flat of tomato seeds planted. Total of 48 holes, 2 seeds per hole:

12 holes of Bush Beefsteak (determinate, bush type)

12 holes of Sunny Boy (determinate, bush type, yellow)

12 holes of Crimson Cushion Beefsteak (indeterminate, vining type)

12 holes of Climbing Trip-L-Crop (indeterminate, vining type)

Be interesting to see how many actually germinate (seeds were all packed for the 2022 growing season)

I think I may still have almost as many seeds left as I have planted.

Nothing close to the 200 tomato plants like we had back in the day, but should be more than enough for our needs.

May end up growing the bush types in containers and probably grow the vining types on the cattle panel trellis where they can spread out.

Speaking of which, TSC has cattle panels on sale right now, so I'm probably going to head down there in the next few days and pick up at least one more to complete that one row where we already have two panels.

Ended working out in the garage until about 08:00 this morning.

Did get back to working on the mahogany Forstner bit holder I started last year. Had to glue another section on the bottom of that Monday to make it a little taller. Got it all drilled out - using the Forstner bits - except for one bit whose shank was odd-sized. Had to use a regular twist drill on that hole. Still working on cleaning that hole up with sand paper.

Cleaned up the last of the Lamb Vindaloo when I came in.

About time for another nap.

Hope everyone is having a decent Wednesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #188,059  
I scored some fine tractor pics this morning.
met neighboring farm owner in grocery store this morning, he invited me over for a tour of his farm,
which he mostly rents out to a real farmer with a CSA there. Mostly old JD tractors, nothing fancy about this place.
No new Kubotas here...
so we went all around his 65 acre place including the tree line where the drainage ditch ends, the creator
of Lake Drew. We both agreed that cleaning out my ditch would not help until other four property owners cleaned out their rear
ditch also. Likelihood of that happening is poor.

the Cub has a nifty modern cultivator on it. The 544 Hydro is apparently not a runner and they would love someone to take it.
Hmmmmm
no room for what I have now. Sigh.

Attachments

• IMG_2991.JPG
    IMG_2991.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2989.JPG
    IMG_2989.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 37
   / Good morning!!!! #188,060  
65°F and .01 inches rain.

Another decent day of cleanup in office and another trip to transfer station. With somewhat mixed feelings I packed up all my flight training books and material to leave at the Give n Take with the hope that someone out that enjoys them. The reality being my seat time is on a tractor.

No word on status of either my LS or Scag.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day