Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,001  
Good Morning!!!! 44F @ 5:00AM. Sunny. High 63F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
Gosh, was it windy here yesterday! Had to pick up a sheet of pegboard and another sheet of Masonite, and getting them from the store and into the van was like wrestling snakes.

Couldn't have done a better job destroying that bridge if they were trying to.

You're not burning anything most of us have burned and will burn again, PH. Almost every tree or bush I've burned is loaded with poison oak, and you can bet I stay out of that smoke.

The termite attack a few years ago damaged the shelving and top on my workbench, so that's on today's menu to fix. Also need to get the workbench into place and bolted to the wall for extra support using some 7" lag bolts. And finally get pegboard up so I can unpack a few more boxes of tools.

Property taxes are due in a couple weeks, so got that taken care of yesterday. OUCH!

Put a vacation hold on FedEx deliveries for the last trip north, which I cancelled last Thursday. FedEx has yet to provide a delivery date for two held shipments, so I'll have to call 'em today. They may be the fastest ship in the shipping business, but they're not very agile. Kinda like that freighter in Baltimore.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,002  
good morning, 36 going to 56 today

Shopping for a new dishwasher. CU recommends Bosch 500 model

The new Gorilla 7 cubic feet cart was easy to assemble. Now in use for firewood at the door

D8 returning from Colombia today. She had a great time. See attached picturesView attachment 858975View attachment 858976
I went with a Bosch dishwasher 2 years ago, no issues or regrets. Highly recommended. It's quiet and was rated #1 by consumer reports. My only bump in the road at installation - the Bosch is a plug in, all my previous dishwashers were hard wired. Simple enough to install an outlet, but didn't know that at purchase time so I had another 90 minute trip to the hardware store.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,003  
Good Morning,
Ct, 34 to start going to 48 or so ! Early sun giving way to clouds ! Yesterday proved to be quite nice out in the afternoon!

If some one skims the top and even leaving a few inches with wheel tracks in it, it should go quick, if not it is pretty heavy and dense and the possibility of a bit more light precipitation mid week.
Good Luck
GM Lou, my neighbor will take a look at the DW on Wednesday and Thursday and let me know the conditions! I have the BF Goodrich tires on the truck that are pretty darn good in the snow, so we will see !

Drew and Dennis, according to the news the container ship list all of its propulsion!
Prayers to all the people that dropped 135 ft into frigid waters !

So I’m sure you all remember my comedy of events at the urologist! So their office calls me yesterday to tell me I have a urinary infection ! UTI, and they prescribed a antibiotic! Started yesterday and already I’m feeling relief ! So we shall see !

Hope all have a great day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #188,006  
Saw longer video showing the ship lost power a couple times before hitting bridge. Some survivors. I have not been listening to the talking heads.
I guess son got to the right place eventually. He’s pretty close to the bridge area today.

Scanned another photo album.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #188,007  
The most interesting photo that my cousin gave me, is also the worse photo. One of the train crossing the big trestle near our farm, pre 1931, and them on the train bridge. One of the guys in pic could be my grandfather.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,008  
just spent two hours trimming trees, good exercise, shirt is soaked.

burning any wood creates carcinogens. Burning painted wood just makes it worse
dilution is the solution, if you out in the middle of nowhere, it's a silly restriction.
lots of other rules too I'm sure, you won't be burning any oily rags will you?
radioactive waste?

you can't burn residential trash while meanwhile the entire Amazon is being burned down

/ Good morning!!!! #188,009  
66°F and .02 inches rain

Tragic about the Key Bridge

Today’s plans just a continuation of yesterday. Hopefully more efficiently.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #188,010  
Online reviews of Costco vs Sams club says they do.
What I have found is that they mix the terms in a confusing (maybe misleading) way. You get credit for gas purchases IF you use a Costco credit card for gas purchases. But you do not get credit for gas purchases toward the yearly membership rebate.

They also advertise that they will refund your cost of the Executive level membership if you don't get at least that much back in membership rebates. That has strings attached too. Read the fine print. They are careful to make it sound better than it actually is. At, least that has been my experience so far.

I did renew my Costco membership recently and think there is still some value in it.